Starting April 1, 2019, rates will increase on select residential Internet, TV, and Phone plans. Customers will receive advanced notification of the rate change through their monthly invoice. Customers who have signed up for a 2-year ValuePlan with a price guarantee will not see a rate increase on their base TV and Internet services. Any Theme Packs or add-ons may be subject to an increase.
Customers can sign up for a 2-year ValuePlan to receive a price guarantee on their base TV and Internet services until the term ends.
Canadians are using the Internet more and viewing more TV shows and movies on more devices than ever before. As a leading communications provider, we are committed to giving our customers more access to the leading content and technology they want—now and into the future.
Please see answers to common questions below.
- Why are my rates going up?
- We increase our rates to ensure we can continue providing the same exceptional connectivity and content experience while meeting the evolving needs of our customers as programming costs rise and Internet usage continues to grow.
- How much will prices increase by?
- If the price of the service(s) you subscribed to have changed, the new prices have been or will be specified within a notification included in your monthly invoice.
- When will this rate adjustment take effect?
- Rates for select residential cable and business services will increase as of April 1, 2019.
- When were customers notified of this rate adjustment?
- Customers began seeing notifications of the rate adjustment via invoice messaging, shaw.ca, business.shaw.ca and the Shaw Support Community starting on February 1, 2019.
- Is the CRTC involved in regulating Shaw service rates?
- No, the CRTC is not involved in the setting of Shaw rates.
- Shaw is solely accountable for all changes made to our pricing.
- Where can I find more information about this rate adjustment?
- More information is available on your invoice, or feel free to contact us.