In a few easy steps, install your BlueSky TV 4K Wireless box and enjoy voice-powered TV.
This article will provide insight into:
At this time, the BlueSky TV 4K Wireless box is available only for select customers in Calgary and surrounding areas. Availability will expand to other regions at a later date.
Learn more: BlueSky TV 4K Wireless box FAQs
What's in the box?
|BlueSky TV 4K Wireless box|
|BlueSky TV remote||Power supply||HDMI cable|
Optional - not included in the box but available at Shaw retial stores if required.
Related: Self-Install Frequently Asked Questions
Back to top
At any time, you can contact Shaw for help by chatting with us at shaw.ca/chat, through My Shaw App or by calling 1-844-574-7429.
Before you start:
- If you're replacing or upgrading a set-top box, unplug it first before setting up your BlueSky TV 4K Wireless box.
- Make sure you have an Internet connection before starting this installation.
- Hook up the BlueSky TV box
- Place the BlueSky TV 4K Wireless box in a visible, well-ventilated area near the TV and an electrical outlet. If you plan to hide the set-top box, you can do so after it is activated.
- Turn on the TV.
- Connect the HDMI cable into HDMI TV at the back of the BlueSky TV 4K Wireless box and into the HDMI input on the TV.
- Connect the power supply into the back of the BlueSky TV 4K Wireless box. Do not plug it into the electrical outlet.
- Use the TV remote to tune the TV to the matching HDMI input you selected in Step 1.c.
- Pull the plastic tab out from the back of the BlueSky TV remote.
- Contact Shaw to activate the BlueSky TV 4K Wireless box.
- Call 1-844-574-7429 or chat with us at shaw.ca/chat (6:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. MST).
- You will be asked to plug the power supply into the electrical outlet.
- When prompted, select your preferred language. Once the TV says,“Setup complete,” press OK on the remote and follow the steps to
name the BlueSky TV 4K Wireless box and program the BlueSky TV remote.
- In a few moments, you will see programming.
You’re good to go! Enjoy your shows.
Related: Hardware Information - BlueSky TV 4K Wireless box
Back to top
How do I use my BlueSky TV voice-powered remote?
Press and hold the microphone button. Once the word Listening appears onscreen, talk into the BlueSky TV remote. Be sure to hold the microphone button down until you finish speaking.
How do I get access to my Netflix and YouTube accounts?
Using the BlueSky TV remote, press the microphone button and say either, Netflix, or YouTube, sign-in with your username/password and follow any onscreen instructions that appear.
What if I need a stronger WiFi signal?
Make sure your Internet modem is located at a central spot in your home to get the best possible WiFi coverage. You can also try moving the BlueSky TV 4K Wireless box closer to your Internet modem for a better signal. If you need help, please contact us.
Returning old equipment?
Please return your old equipment as soon as possible to avoid any unreturned equipment charges.
- Place the old equipment and power supply into a sturdy cardboard box. Ensure there is cushioning material around it.
- Seal the box and affix the shipping label provided.
- Keep the tracking number for reference.
- Drop off at any Canada Post mailbox or outlet.
We're here to help
- Please visit us at shaw.ca/selfinstall for helpful tips.
- Chat with us at shaw.ca/chat or give us a call at 1-844-574-7429 and we will be happy to assist you.
- Support is also available through My Shaw App and social media messaging.
Related: BlueSky TV 4K Wireless box FAQs
Back to top