Below you'll find answers to commonly asked questions about TV issues, like picture concerns, guide settings, and remote control issues.

Many TV issues can be quickly solved by restarting your TV cable box. Unplug the power cords, wait 30 seconds, and then plug them back in. If that doesn't correct your issue, you'll find solutions to common TV issues below.

Frequently Asked Questions

Browse our FAQs to troubleshoot common TV reception issues.

I’m not getting a signal on my TV. What should I do?

If a “No Signal”, “No Source”, or “No Input” message appears on your television screen, the television isn't receiving a signal from your digital box. A loose cable connection between your TV and digital box may be to blame, or you might have the wrong input setting selected. For information about these issues, read the article Weak or No Signal on TV or try to reseat your TV cable connection.

My TV box (cable box) will not power on.

Try power cycling (rebooting) your digital box by unplugging its power cord from the wall or power bar. Wait 30 seconds while it resets, then plug it back in. If that doesn't solve the issue, you'll find more solutions in the article Digital Box will not Power On.

My TV box doesn’t respond to my Shaw remote.

There are a few things you can try. Press the power button on the digital box to turn it on.  If it turns on and you can see programming on your TV:

• ensure that nothing is physically blocking your remote's signal from reaching the TV,
  • that you have the remote set to the correct input for your TV,
  • and that you have working batteries installed in the remote.

If you've tried those three things, you can try reprogramming your remote. If you're an Ignite TV (formerly known as BlueCurve TV) customer, you'll find additional help in the article Troubleshooting Ignite TV remote control issues.

How do I program my Shaw remote?

You can find easy-to-follow instructions for reprogramming your Shaw remote in the article How to program your Shaw remote control.

How do I get a new/replacement Shaw remote control?

First, identify the type of remote control you have. You can find images in the article Shaw remote controls overview. Then, contact us to have a replacement remote control mailed out to you.

Note: There may be a replacement charge for the remote control.

I’m getting a One Moment Please error (RefCode: S0a00).

This error message will appear on your TV when the digital box has stopped receiving the signal required to display that channel. This can occur on all or individual channels. Try power cycling your digital box by unplugging its power cord from the wall or power bar. Wait 30 seconds while it resets, then plug it back in. If that doesn't solve the issue, find more solutions in the article One Moment Please Error (Ref Code: s0a00).

I can't see a channel or content that I'm subscribed to.

Try refreshing your channel listings from My Shaw. This can quickly fix issues with missing channels that you're subscribed to, or that are on free preview. Read the article How To: Refresh your TV channels with My Shaw to learn more. If you just subscribed to the channel or package (such as NHL Centre Ice), it may take some time (in some cases a couple of hours) for the channel to be activated.

I can't access On Demand programming.

If you receive error messages when attempting to access On Demand, or you're unable to access On Demand content, read the article Troubleshooting On Demand errors.

I’m not hearing any sound/audio from my TV.

If you are unable to hear the audio track of the program you are currently watching, it may be due to the TV being on mute, SAP/MTS being enabled, an incorrect TV input setting, or issues with the audio settings of your digital box. Try power cycling your digital box by unplugging its power cord from the wall or power bar, waiting 30 seconds while it resets, and then plugging it back in. If that doesn't work, read the article How to troubleshoot no sound/audio with a Digital Box.

In some cases where you may be using multiple remote controls, you may need to ensure that the remote control that controls the volume is powered on and is working correctly (has fresh batteries).

How do I set Parental Controls on my TV/digital box?

By configuring the parental control settings on your digital box, you can control what kinds of programming your family has access to, and you can restrict what kind of content can be viewed by individuals who don't have access to the PIN password you set. Available parental controls will vary by digital box. For more information, read the article How to set Parental Controls on your Digital Box.

I'm getting a "Not Authorized" error on my cable box
Commonly this is caused by there being a mismatch between your subscribed TV package. Make sure that you're subscribed to the content you're trying to access, then read the article How to troubleshoot Not Authorized error.

TALK TO US
We're here to help