Scenario: You have a Shaw Digital Home Phone Terminal (DPT) and are having issues with the phone and need to reset the phone.
- Locate your Digital Phone Terminal (either a Motorola SBV5220 or an Arris TM602)
- Locate the small hole labelled "REBOOT EMTA" or "Reset" on the back of the DPT (see image below for Motorola SBV5220 Digital phone Terminal)
- Using a pin, push the button located at the base of this hole for 20 seconds.
- You will see the lights on the modem begin to flash as the system resets. Wait 5-10 minutes for the DPT to come online (Power, DS, US, and Online lights will stop flashing and return to a solid state to indicate an online status)
- Check your phones for a functioning dial tone.
Still need more information?
Did You Know
You can find additional Shaw Home Phone troubleshooting tips with our Home Phone Frequently Asked Questions.