How to activate a Hitron modem using My Shaw

Document created by shaw-colin on Mar 11, 2019Last modified by shaw-sarah on Jun 13, 2019
Version 9Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Interested in learning how to activate your Hitron modem (CGNM-2250) using My Shaw? You're in the right place! When you order Shaw Internet, you can choose the Self-Install option. New customers who order a Hitron modem through direct fulfillment or retail pick-up will have the opportunity to activate
their modem through the My Shaw app (iTunes | Android) or My Shaw website (my.shaw.ca).

When you receive your new Hitron modem, follow the installation steps below to learn how to connect your modem and activate your service.

How to connect your modem

Hitron CGNM-2250 Advanced WiFi ModemThe first step in modem installation is to find a good spot for your modem, plug it in, and power it on. For help with this step, follow the setup instructions in this support article:

How to install your Hitron CGNM-2250 (Shaw Advanced WiFi Modem)  

When your modem is plugged in and powered on, scroll down to learn how to activate your Internet.

How to activate your Internet

For this step, you can use the My Shaw app. If you don't already have the app, visit My Shaw app - Download and Setup to find download links and login instructions.

1. Open the My Shaw app.
  2. Click Activate modem.
  3. Click Get started.
  4. Click Continue to confirm that you have your modem plugged in and powered on.
  5. Click Activate modem
  6. Wait (up to 5 minutes) for activation to complete.

If your activation was successful, your modem installation is complete. Click Continue in the My Shaw app for help connecting devices to your new home WiFi network. 

If the activation fails, check your modem setup and repeat the steps above. If activation fails a second time, click Chat with an agent to chat live with an available Shaw Support Chat agent.

Hitron Modem Activation via My Shaw app – Success or Failure Notification

Alternatively, you can activate your Internet through the My Shaw website (my.shaw.ca). If you don't already have a Shaw ID, visit Shaw ID Overview to create your account.

Connecting to your new WiFi network

When you're finished with your Hitron modem installation, you can start using the Internet. 

To connect devices to your new WiFi network, you'll just need your Network Name (SSID) and password. Both are printed on a sticker you'll find on the front of your Shaw modem.

For instructions specific to your computer, phone, tablet, TV, gaming console, or smart home device, visit the manufacturer's support website for the most up-to-date information.

Related Articles

Outcomes