Learn how to navigate through some of the advanced settings of your Gateway with a few easy steps using BlueCurve Home. With advanced settings, you can make additional tweaks to your network such as Port Forwarding, customizing your LAN/WAN, and configuring DNS.
While these settings are available to you via BlueCurve Home and Gateway admin tool, Shaw does not support setup or troubleshooting of advanced network configurations. We recommend changing these settings only if you're familiar with them.
Configure Advanced Settings in BlueCurve Home
- Open BlueCurve Home (mobile app or web portal).
- Select Network.
- Scroll down and select Advanced Settings.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Choose an Advanced Setting you'd like to configure.
- Port forwarding is commonly enabled for online gaming, VoIP services, and peer-to-peer applications to allows you to direct incoming Internet traffic to a specified device.
- Port Forwarding can also be manually configured using the Gateway admin tool.
LAN & WAN
- Allows you customize LAN (local area network) settings, and view your WAN (wide area network) IP address.
- Useful for referencing connected devices and the IP addresses associated with them on your home network.
- View the DNS configuration for your home network.
- Useful for referencing DNS details when troubleshooting Internet routing issues.
- Enabling a DMZ (demilitarized zone) for a specific device can help troubleshoot communication issues and with an online application.
- Enabling DMZ poses a security risk and should be used with caution. Consider adjusting port forward settings instead, as the DMZ will disable most security/firewall settings on your Gateway.
- View a monthly summary of overall data usage on your home network.
Learn More: BlueCurve Home FAQ - Advanced Settings
Back to top