As a Shaw Internet customer, you have free access to the Shaw Go WiFi network of thousands of hotspots. Depending on your Internet service with Shaw, you can register your device(s) to auto-connect between 3 and 10 devices. You can learn more in the Shaw Go WiFi FAQs at https://www.shaw.ca/wifi/faq/.
This page provides details on:
Did You Know
Once connected, you will not need to configure your device again. As registered devices will automatically connect, My Shaw offers the ability to view and manage your Shaw Go Wifi registered devices.
Connecting to My Shaw
You can manage which devices are assigned to your account through your My Shaw profile. To get started:
- Navigate to My Shaw in your Internet browser (my.shaw.ca)
- Sign in with your My Shaw username and password
- Select My Services > Internet from the menu at the top of the page.
Here you will be able to see a list of the devices that you have connected to Shaw Go WiFi, and will be able to add new devices, remove existing devices and even edit the names you have assigned to those devices.
Back to top
Managing your Shaw Go WiFi devices through My Shaw is easy.
This section of My Shaw will display the devices that you currently have registered to with account, as well as the maximum number of registered devices you are allowed. Once the maximum number of devices have been registered, you will need to remove an existing device to make room for the new one. Alternatively, you can choose to manually sign in with non-registered devices each time you access a different WiFi hotspot.
Add a Device
- Click + Add Device to add a new device to your Shaw Go WiFi account.
- You will be asked to enter the MAC address of the device and an optional nickname to more easily identify that device (iPhone, laptop, etc.).
- Once entered, click Save to register the device. You can find out more on how to find your devices MAC address below.
Edit a Device Name
- To change the name given to a device, click the Edit option next to the device to be updated.
- Once you’ve entered a new name for the device, click Save to update.
Remove a Device
- To remove a device from the list, click Remove next to the device to be removed. You will be prompted to confirm removal of this device.
- Click Yes to confirm.
Back to top
Your MAC address (or sometimes WiFi Address) is a unique ID used in your computer or mobile phone to connect to the internet. A MAC address will appear as a combination of numbers and letters in pairs with a dash between each set (for example: 5C-26-0A-14-CE-BC)
iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad)
- Tap Settings
- Select General
- Tap About and check under WiFi Address
- Swipe down from the top of the screen
- Press the Gear Icon (Settings)
- Select About Device or About Phone
- Check under WiFi Mac Address
- Press the Menu button
- Select Options and scroll down to Device
- Select Device and Status Information and check under WLAN MAC
- Click the Start Button, then type cmd into the Search box and press Enter on your keyboard
- In the black box that appears type getmac /fo list /v and press Enter on your keyboard
- The mac address will be the entry under Physical Address
- Click the Apple in the top left-hand corner and select System Preferences
- Select Network
- Click Advanced
- The Wi-Fi Address should be at the bottom of the screen
Back to top
As a Shaw Internet customer, you can connect to Shaw Go WiFi with as many devices as you like, but the number of devices that can connect automatically is determined by your active Internet plan. Once you register your devices for Shaw Go WiFi, they will automatically connect every time you enter a hotspot. You may be unable to auto-authenticate to the network if you exceed the number of devices you are able to connect to your account.
Shaw Go WiFi Device Limits
|Internet Plan||Number of Devices|
|Lite / Value / Express / Internet 5||3|
|High Speed 7.5 / High Speed 10||6|
|High Speed 20 / High Speed 25 / Extreme / Internet 30 / Internet 75||8|
|Warp / Broadband 50 / Nitro / Broadband 100 / Broadband 250||10|
|Internet 60 / Internet 120 / Internet 300 / Internet 600||10|
If you'd like to use additional devices beyond what's included with your Internet plan, that's no problem. You'll just need to manually log in each time you're in a Shaw Go WiFi hotspot or you can upgrade your current Internet plan to a level that offers additional connected devices.
Back to top