Manage Shaw Go WiFi Devices in My Account

Document created by shaw-alex on May 15, 2013Last modified by shaw-jamesp on Oct 17, 2016
Version 44Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Shaw Bit

As a Shaw Internet customer, you have free access to the Shaw Go WiFi network of thousands of hotspots.

Depending on your Internet service with Shaw, you can register your device(s) to auto-connect between 3 and 10 devices. You can learn more in the Shaw Go WiFi FAQs at https://www.shaw.ca/wifi/faq/

Once connected, you will not need to configure your device again. As registered devices will automatically connect, My Account offers the ability to view and manage your Shaw Go Wifi registered devices.

On This Page

Connecting to My Account

Managing Your Shaw Go Wifi Devices

Finding Your Mac

Connecting to My Account

You can manage which devices are assigned to your account through your My Account profile.

To get started:

1. Navigate to My Account in your Internet browser (myaccount.shaw.ca)
  2. Sign in with your My Account username and password
  3. If you have not registered for My Account, please see the following guide: Shaw Account Settings (My Account)
  4. Select Internet on the left hand side navigation pane

Here you will be able to see a list of the devices that you have connected to Shaw Go WiFi, and will be able to add new devices, remove existing devices and even edit the names you have assigned to those devices.

Managing Your Shaw Go WiFi Devices

This section of My Account will display the devices that you currently have registered to with account, as well as the maximum number of registered devices you are allowed. Once the maximum number of devices have been registered, you will need to remove an existing device to make room for the new one. Alternatively, you can choose to manually sign in with non-registered devices each time you access a different WiFi hotspot.

Manage Shaw Go WiFi Devices

Add a Device

Click + Add Device to add a new device to your Shaw Go WiFi account. You will be asked to enter the MAC address of the device and an optional nickname to more easily identify that device (iPhone, laptop, etc.). Once entered, click Save to register the device.  You can find out more on how to find your devices MAC address below.

Edit a Device Name

To change the name given to a device, click the Edit option next to the device to be updated. Once you’ve entered a new name for the device, click Save to update.

Remove a Device

To remove a device from the list, click Remove next to the device to be removed. You will be prompted to confirm removal of this device. Click Yes to confirm.

Finding your MAC Address

Your MAC address (or sometimes WiFi Address) is a unique ID used in your computer or mobile phone to connect to the internet. A MAC address will appear as a combination of numbers and letters in pairs with a dash between each set (for example: 5C-26-0A-14-CE-BC)

iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad)

1. Tap Settings
  2. Select General
  3. Tap About and check under WiFi Address

Shaw WiFi iOS settings serial number

Android

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen
  2. Press the Gear Icon (Settings)
  3. Select About Device or About Phone
  4. Check under WiFi Mac Address

BlackBerry

1. Press the Menu button
  2. Select Options and scroll down to Device
  3. Select Device and Status Information and check under WLAN MAC

Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP

1. Click the Start Button, then type cmd into the Search box and press Enter on your keyboard
  2. In the black box that appears type getmac /fo list /v and press Enter on your keyboard
  3. The mac address will be the entry under Physical Address

Get mac address from command prompt

Mac OSX

1. Click the Apple in the top left-hand corner and select System Preferences
  2. Select Network
  3. Click Advanced
  4. The Wi-Fi Address should be at the bottom of the screen

Related Articles

Shaw Account Settings (My Account)

Shaw Go WiFi Finder App 

How to Connect to a Shaw Go WiFi Hotspot

Still Need A Little Help?

See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask

your own question, in the Internet forum.

int-forum.png

Attachments

Outcomes