From time to time Shaw’s outbound sales teams reach out to prospective customers to make them aware of new services and upcoming promotions that we feel they would be most interested in.
We’re always looking at ways to improve our practices to best service our customer’s needs and interests. When contacted by a member of Shaw’s Outbound Sales team, it’s important that prospective customers understand the steps they can take to ensure they’re speaking with a verified Shaw employee, and not an impostrr.
- An individual being contacted by a member of our Outbound Sales team can ask our employee to verify their identity at any time during the call.
- All Outbound Sales employees are provided with an Agent ID and will provide it on request to individuals they’ve contacted over the phone.
- Prospective customers looking to verify the identity of the individual they’re speaking with can hang up their call at any time and contact us directly at 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/contact-us and provide the individual on the other line with the Outbound Sales agent’s ID to verify their identity and continue the call.
Prospective customers can also request that a senior member of Shaw’s sales leadership team verify the Outbound Sales agent’s identity by providing verification through email correspondence.
Our Outbound Sales agents do NOT ask, or take any credit card information from prospective customers over the phone. When setting up new customer accounts, our agents ask for the customer’s name and phone number only. Individuals who choose to sign up for Shaw services are required to pay only after their services have been installed, and can set up payment options with Shaw in the following ways:
- Using the MyShaw App on their mobile device or through Shaw.ca to pay bills and set up automatic payment options,
- Payment through online banking using the customer’s Shaw account numbers,
- Processing a payment directly through their local bank.