Recent Scam and Fraud Alerts

Document created by shaw-fraser on Aug 13, 2013Last modified by shaw-ken on Jul 28, 2017
Version 103Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Overview

Below you will find information on recent fraudulent emails, notifications, phone calls and websites that may be impacting Shaw customers. Suspicious emails can be forwarded with headers included to our Internet abuse department at internet.abuse@sjrb.ca. This is not a full list of all of the currently ongoing threats that exist for Shaw customers, but should give you an indication of what these types of scam communications can look like.

On This Page

How do I Identify Fraudulent Emails

Recently Reported Scams

How can I Report a Scam

What to do if you accidentally clicked on a link in a Scam Email

How do I Identify Fraudulent Emails?

For more information on how to identify these types of emails, please see the following guide:

Identifying Fraudulent Emails "Phishing"

Recently Reported Scams

To see a list of recently reported phishing scams, please check the following page: Recent Fraudulent Messages and Phishing Attempts

How can I Report a Scam?

If you have received a phone call or are contacted in through another means and believe it to be part of a scam you can report it to Shaw by contacting us directly

Suspicious emails coming from @shaw.ca or @sjrb.ca addresses or are claiming to be from Shaw can be forwarded with headers included to internet.abuse@sjrb.ca. Suspicious emails coming from any other addresses or are claiming to be from an entity other than Shaw should be reported to the person/company being impersonated for verification and action. You can always report spam emails to reportspam@shaw.ca to have those examples added to Shaw’s spam filter.

For more information on how to obtain your email headers, click here

Identifying Fraudulent Emails "Phishing"

What to do if you accidentally clicked on a link in a Scam Email

If you clicked a link or replied to the email with any personal information, follow these steps:

• Change all passwords associated with your email account.
  • If you use that password for any other online services (example: Online Banking, Facebook) change those passwords too.
  • Run a Virus Scan on your computer. If you use Shaw Secure, follow this guide at Shaw Secure - How to Run a Virus Scan
  • If you have any further questions or concerns, contact a Shaw Representative

Still have questions? Chat with us on social media.

It's fast, easy and convenient, and it's totally a new way to connect with us.

Facebook Messenger       Twitter Help

Attachments

Outcomes