Global Go App

Document created by shaw-fraser on Sep 3, 2013Last modified by shaw-jody on Nov 20, 2017
Version 29Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Global Go App iconThe Global Go app allows you to stream your favourite Global shows directly to your mobile device, including your iPad, iPhone, and Android devices. Shaw customers will have access to the latest full season of their Global shows, and non-subscribers will be able to view up to the last 7 days worth of content through the app. This article will explain where you can download the app, how to sign in, and how you can browse and stream content.

This article will provide insight into:

Did You Know:

You can download the Global Go app for your iPad, iPhone, or Android device from their respective app marketplaces. The app is free to download. Follow the links below to download the app.

Learn More: Download Global Go for your iOS device   Download Global Go for your Android device

How to sign in and authenticate

Your sign in credentials will be determined by your TV service provider, not your Internet or Phone (including mobile) provider. If Shaw is your TV provider simply tap the LOGIN icon in the top right-hand corner then select SHAW GO as your service provider, then enter your account credentials. Shaw customers can Sign In with their Shaw email address, My Account profile, or Shaw Direct account number.

Global Go App log in sign in

If you have a TV service provider other than Shaw, you can select your provider from the sign in list and enter the required account details for that provider.

How to browse and stream content

You can browse content through the Main, Shows, or Live TV tabs, and see an interactive list of past and upcoming Global shows through the Schedule tab. You can access these tabs by tapping on the MENU icon 

MAIN: The Main page will display new and popular content. To begin streaming from the Main page, simply tap the content you would like to view, and the stream will begin.

Shows icon SHOWS: The Shows tab will display a list of all of the available Global shows that you can watch on the Global Go app. Tapping on a show will take you to an informational page which includes all of the videos available for streaming. Select the one you'd like to watch, and the video stream will begin immediately. Video playback can be paused, skipped and rewound.

Schedule icon SCHEDULE: Tap Schedule to see an interactive list of current, upcoming and past Global shows. You can change the location that is being displayed in the schedule through the apps settings options.

Live TV icon LIVE TV: Selecting Live TV will immediately begin playback of the Global channel closest to your area that is supported by the app. This is a live stream and cannot be paused or fast forwarded. To exit live streaming, select Done. You can also tap the ZOOM icon   to fill the screen of your device.

Video Playback Options

Global Go App video playback options

Settings

To access the apps settings on your iPhone or iPad, simply tap on the MENU icon and then select Settings. On your Android device, tap the SETTINGS icon directly from the home screen, then tap Settings.

Here you will be able to modify your preferences, including setting streaming options to work only while you are on WiFi, which is enabled by default. If you have a 3G device you may wish to disable this feature to enable video playback while not on WiFi, however, this will consume your data and Shaw and Global are not responsible for any additional fees you may incur as a result of this.

You can also modify which region is displayed on your schedule within the App. Simply tap Schedule Region and select the closest area to you from the provided list. Supported areas include Atlantic-Maritimes, British Columbia, Okanagan, Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge, Manitoba, Ontario, Thunder Bay, Quebec, Regina, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.

Global Go App Settings

Global Go App Settings

Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some answers to commonly asked questions about the Global Go app.

Is there a cost associated with the Global Go app?
The Global Go app is free to download.

Can I watch Global shows without signing in with a TV provider?
Yes. Most shows are available to stream without logging in for the first 7 days after broadcast.

Can I watch live TV?
Yes. If you Sign In with your television service providers credentials. Just tap on the "Live" icon and sign in. You will then be presented your closest Global channel.

Can I download shows and store them on my device?
No. You can only stream content while connected to the Internet. There is no option to save or store content locally on the device.

Can I use the Global Go app outside of Canada?
You will not be able to watch video outside Canada on this device as the content is only licensed for audiences of Canada

Is the content within the app the same as on the Global website?
You can enjoy almost all the full episodes currently residing on GlobalTV.com. The few exceptions are determined by licensing agreements.

Does the Global Video app include advertisements?
The app includes video advertisements that may play before, during and after video playback.

Which devices does the Global Go app work on?
iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices running iOS 5.X or newer, and Android with OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or greater

Why am I hearing audio only with no video imagery?
In low connectivity areas the device transfers playback to an audio-only version of the show file. If you are on a 3G network, please try connecting to a stronger WiFi connection to resume video playback. If you are connected to a WiFi network but out of range, please reorient yourself to obtain a stronger connection.

Do I have to sign in every time I open the app?
No. The sign in will be valid with a token that will last 30 days and will reset for another 30 days every time you open the app. So, if you sign in once and come back every week to catch up on your favourite shows, you will not need to sign in again.

How many people in my household can sign in at the same time on devices?
We currently limit the sign in at five per account.

What do the locks mean?
Locks represent content that is available only to signed in users. Once logged in, all locks will become play icons, and you will have access to the full season of broadcast content for your shows.

Where can I send feedback for the Global Go app?
There is a feedback option within the Info section of the menu in the Global Go app.

Related Articles

Attachments

Outcomes