The Apple TV is an entertainment device that allows you to stream anything that's on your Mac or iOS device to your HDTV with AirPlay. Below, you will find details on how to connect your Apple TV to your home Shaw network.
On This Page
- Connecting one end of the HDMI cable to the back of your TV
- Connect the other end of that same cable to the back of the Apple TV
- Connect one end of the provided power cable to the power port on the back of your Apple TV, and connect the other end to an available power outlet
- Turn on your television and select the appropriate HDMI input. You can switch inputs by finding and pressing the "input" or "source" button on your Shaw Remote
Once connected, your Apple TV will guide you through first time setup.
Apple TV wiring diagram.
Click to enlarge.
During initial setup, the Apple TV will ask you to select your network name from a list of available wireless networks. If you are using a Shaw wireless router, you can find this information listed on a white sticker on the top of your device. Your network name will be listed as SSID, and network password as Passphrase or Password (See example below).
- Once you have obtained your network information, use the Apple Remote to select your network from the list of available networks
- Enter your network password
- After a few minutes you should successfully connect to the network, and the setup process will continue
Still Need A Little Help?
See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask
your own question, in the Internet forum.