Here are some answers to commonly asked questions about setting up Guest access for Shaw Go WiFi.
What is Guest Access?
Shaw Go WiFi Guest Access is a limited service that provides non-Shaw customers (otherwise known as “Guests”) the ability to access the Shaw Go WiFi network with certain limitations. Guests to the Shaw Go WiFi network can connect to the ShawGuest SSID at particular locations to receive public WiFi access, at no charge, subject to a 500MB monthly data cap.
I don’t see the ShawGuest SSID but I am in a Shaw Go WiFi Guest hotspot?
If you believe you are in a location that hosts Shaw Go WiFi Guest Access but are not seeing the ShawGuest SSID on your device, you may be connecting to a hotspot that does not support Guest Access. Try moving to another spot in the location and search for the ShawGuest SSID again.
How do I recover my password?
If you are unable to remember your Guest Account password, you can create a new password by following these steps:
- Access the Network/WiFi settings on your device
- Select ShawGuest from the list of networks when in a Shaw Go WiFi Guest hotspot
- Open a Web Browser on your device
- Select "Forgot your Password?"
- Provide the email you used to create your Guest Account
- Check your email to reset your password
- Provide new password and save
In order to check your email, Shaw has provided you with 10 minutes of WiFi access. If you are unable to check your email right away to reset your password, you will be required to request a password reset again.
Is there a password strength requirement?
Yes. Passwords must be at least 8 characters long and contain at least one capital letter and number.
I can’t remember what email address I used to create my Guest Account?
If you are unable to remember what email address you used to create your Guest Account, you will be required to create a new Guest Account.
I did not receive an Activation Email?
If you have not yet verified your account, log in to the ShawGuest network and you will be prompted to complete the verification process. Here, you will have the option to resend the verification email.
If you recently updated your Guest Account email address, a new verification email will automatically be sent.
After I activated my Guest Account, I had to log in again. Why is this?
After you have created your Guest Account, Shaw provides you with 10 minutes of WiFi activity to check your email address in order to activate your account. Once the 10 minutes expires, you will need to log in with your Guest Account credentials (email address and password) again.
How do I delete my Guest Account?
We are sad to see you go! If you would like to delete your Guest Account, do so by logging into the Guest network using your email address and password. From there select Manage Account, and then Delete Account.
If you later decide that you would like to use the Shaw Go WiFi Guest service again, you will need to create a new Guest Account.
What happens if I don’t verify my account right away?
That’s OK. You have about two weeks to verify your account from the time you created it. If you try to verify your account after this time you will need to create a new Guest Account.
Why did my Guest Account expire?
If you have not used your Guest Account in the past 60 days, your account will expire and will be deleted. If you later decided that you would like to use the Shaw Go WiFi Guest service again, you will need to create a new Guest Account.
Why do I have to agree to receive special offers from Shaw?
To receive complimentary access to Shaw Go WiFi, you must agree to allow Shaw to send you special offers.
You can unsubscribe from receiving special offers at any time. If you do so, your account will be deleted and you will no longer receive access to Shaw Go WiFi. If you later decide that you would like to connect again, create a new Guest Account.
Having problems signing in as a Guest?
If you’re having trouble connecting to a Shaw Go WiFi hotspot as a Guest, this could be why:
- You’ve reached your data cap – You are eligible to receive 500MB of data per 30 days. If you reach this data cap before the 30 days, you will have to wait until the following month to connect again.
- Missing information in fields – You must fill out all fields in order to receive WiFi access.
- Agree to receive special offers from Shaw – you must agree to receive marketing information from Shaw in order to receive WiFi access.
- Possible network errors – Infrequent network errors may occur which could cause a hotspot to become unavailable for short periods of time. If you see an error message, please wait or try reconnecting at a later time.
- Connected but unable to access the Internet – If you appear to be connected but cannot access the Internet, move to another Guest WiFi hotspot.
Still, need help? Call 1-855-877-WIFI (9434) and report your location and error.
Interested in becoming a Shaw Internet customer?
Shaw Internet customers receive complimentary access to the Shaw Go WiFi network. Get your Shaw Internet package so you won’t miss a thing.
Call us at 1-855-877-WiFi (9434) or visit us at shaw.ca/internet