Some new and recent models of Sharp televisions are capable of connecting to a wireless network to access additional content from the Internet. If you have a TV that is wireless-ready, please see the following guide for assistance in connecting your TV to your Shaw wireless Internet service.
Connect Your Smart TV to WiFi
In order to connect your Sharp Smart TV to your Shaw wireless network, you will first need to obtain your network name and password. These credentials are printed on the white sticker affixed to the top or side of your wireless modem (illustrated below).
If you are using a Shaw wireless modem and have customized your network name (SSID) and password and can no longer remember the login credentials, you will need to restore your Wireless Modem to the default settings
Once you have obtained this information, you can select your wireless network through your TV by following these steps (may not apply to every Sharp Smart TV, see link below for more support):
- Hit the Menu button on your Sharp TV remote
- Select Internet Setup > Network Setup > Connection Type
- Select Wireless for connection type
- Select Wireless Setup > Change > Search
- Find your Shaw network name in the list of available networks and select it
- Enter your network password
- Your wireless connection should now be set up
Please Note: These steps represent those found on the Sharp Aquos. Different models of Sharp TV's may have slightly different steps.
Still Need A Little Help?
See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask
your own question, in the Internet forum.