THIS FORM IS STRICTLY FOR REQUESTING CHANNELS NOT CURRENTLY OFFERED BY SHAW.
If there's a channel you'd like to watch that Shaw does not carry, please let us know! These requests are reviewed by our product team and will factor in to the decision making when it comes to offering new channels. The survey link provided below is for requests only; we will be unable to respond to any inquiries. If you do have any further questions, please ask a question in the TV Forum and we'll be happy to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which factors affect the decision-making process around new channels?
A. When looking at new channels we consider a variety of factors, including:
- Licensing. A channel must be licensed for carriage in Canada, in order to be considered.
- Many of our most popular channel requests including Hallmark Channel, TNT, and USA Network are not licensed in Canada.
- Cost. Packaging requirements (both from regulations and the networks) have a major impact on the overall cost of adding a channel. We strive to offer our customers the entertainment experiences they want at competitive prices, so take these decisions very seriously.
- Popularity/Demand. Channel requests from customers like yourself, viewership ratings, social media followers, critical acclaim, and content uniqueness are all considered when looking at adding new services.
- Bandwidth. While we would love to offer every channel available, there are technical factors that govern the amount of room we have in each city to launch new channels. We are always looking to make decisions that optimize the available capacity and provide the most balanced benefit.
Q. How will I know if my channel is launched?
A. Shaw announces new channel launches to customers via our website, the Big Picture e-newsletter, bill messaging, and in the onscreen Guide.
Q. What is the status of my request? Are you in negotiations with the supplier?
A. Unfortunately, due to the complexities around supplier/provider negotiations (including confidentiality requirements), we are not able to provide detailed updates or respond to specific channel requests. We appreciate all feedback and ensure that it is considered (along with the factors listed above) in determining which channels we pursue for carriage.
Still Need A Little Help?
See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask
your own question, in the TV forum.