Discovery GO

Document created by shaw-fraser on Oct 20, 2015Last modified by shaw-alex on Oct 17, 2016
Version 9Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Discovery GO is a premium video streaming service allowing deeper access to your favourite Discovery Networks programs, all at your convenience with on-demand and live streaming.

Discovery GO is a unique 5-in-1 service offering all your favourite shows from Discovery, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Discovery Science, and Discovery Velocity. All of this at no additional cost for Shaw customers with a subscription to at least one Discovery channel.

Discovery Go App Icon

On This Page

Download

Sign In to the App

Discovery GO Features

Frequently Asked Questions

Supported Devices

iPhoneiOS 7.1 or higher
iPad
iOS 7.1 or higher
Android

4.0 or higher

Download

For iOS: Get Discovery GO on the iTunes store now.

For Android: Get Discovery GO on the Google Play store now.

Sign In to the App

Discovery GO is free to download, however you will need to subscribe to the relevant Discovery channel to view the corresponding content through the app (Discovery, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Discovery Science, Discovery Velocity).

Shaw customers can select Shaw Go as their provider, and then use their Shaw email address, My Account credentials or Shaw Direct username and password to sign into the app.

Discovery GO Features

• Get started with current favourites: Canada’s Worst Driver, Gold Rush, Highway Thru Hell, and Deadliest Catch

• Catch up on past seasons of Shark Week, Daily Planet, Cold Water Cowboys, and Naked & Afraid

• Want family friendly? Animal Planet has you covered with shows like Puppy Bowl, Adoption Tales, Emergency Vets, and Whale Wars

• Kick your viewing into high gear with Discovery Velocity, the newest adrenaline-fueled channel in Discovery’s lineup, with titles like Garage Squad, What’s My Car Worth, Wheeler Dealers USA, and Americarna

• Check out the extensive catalogue of Discovery classics from nature series, to cultural and historical documentaries

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to sign in to use the app on multiple devices?

Yes.  You will need to sign in on every device.

What if I forgot my username and/or password?

How to Change Your Email Password

Shaw Account Settings (My Account)

What is Discovery GO?

Discovery GO is a premium video streaming service allowing deeper access to your favourite factual programs, all at your convenience with on-demand, livestreaming, and (coming soon!) programs in 4K. Discovery GO is a unique 5-in-1service offering all your favourite shows from Discovery, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Discovery Science, and Discovery Velocity. All of this at no additional cost for Discovery channel subscribers of participating TV service providers.

Who is Discovery GO for?

Discovery GO is for everybody who loves amazing TV and has a subscription to at least one Discovery channel with a participating television service provider. Your access to Discovery GO programs is linked to your TV subscription. You will be able to watch programming for all channels on Discovery GO that are part of your TV package.

What type of programs can I watch on Discovery Go?

The extensive catalogue of programs available on Discovery GO includes current favourites for live and catch-up viewing, Discovery GO Exclusives, and hundreds of episodes of Discovery networks’ classic shows. New shows will be added frequently, so there is always something new to check out!

I’m unable to download or install the app. What should I do?

The app is available through the Canadian Google Play store or the Canadian Apple App Store. Make sure you are in the Canadian version of the stores and you don’t have any controls set up on your account that restrict access to apps with content meant for mature audiences. If you are still having difficulty with downloading the app, please contact Google or Apple Help Info for further assistance.

Which devices does Discovery GO support?

Discovery GO supports the following:

• iPad, iPod, and iPhone running iOS 7.1+
  • Android tablets and smartphones running version 4.0+
  • Mac: 10.6+: Browsers: Safari, Firefox and Chrome
  • PC: IE9+, Firefox, Chrome

You cannot watch the live streams of the channels and certain content through the browser on your mobile device due to content security restrictions. Please download the iOS or Android app to enjoy the full Discovery GO experience.

Find more FAQ at http://www.discovery.ca/discoverygo

Still Need A Little Help?

See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask

your own question, in the TV forum.

tv-forum.png

Attachments

Outcomes