About the Shaw FreeRange TV App

Document created by shaw-fraser on Nov 6, 2015Last modified by shaw-jody on Jun 8, 2017
Version 40Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

FreeRange TV AppLearn everything you need to know to start using the Shaw FreeRange TV App. From download information to FAQs, you can enjoy our FreeRange TV App in no time. Available to anyone that is subscribed to Shaw's TV service, with the FreeRange TV App you can watch TV anywhere, at any time. From live sports to on-demand movies and television shows, you can even download kids shows to watch without an Internet connection. 

This article provides insight into:

Sign in to the FreeRange TV App

The Shaw FreeRange TV app is free to download for Shaw Digital Cable or Satellite TV subscribers.

When you first launch the app you will be presented with a message asking you to add your device to your Shaw Account. Click on the Get Started button and you will be prompted to sign in using either your Shaw email address and password or your Shaw My Account username and password. If you have a Shaw Direct account, please select the Shaw Direct option and then enter your Shaw Direct account number and password. Once you have successfully signed in, your device will be added to your account and you'll be able to name your device so that you can easily manage it in your My Account profile.

FreeRange TV Sign In

If you do not have a Shaw email account or My Account login or are having trouble signing in, please see the following:

Shaw My Account Registration / Forgot Password

Shaw Direct My Account Registration / Forgot Password

Shaw Account Settings (My Account)

How to Create a New @shaw.ca email Account using My Account
How to Change Your Email Password

Related: Create a Shaw IDShaw ID Overview

Search and navigation

The FreeRange TV App offers a large library of content, including current TV shows, movies, sports, and shows for kids.

The FreeRange TV app includes the ability to search the entire app catalogue using title keyword searches. Relevant titles will be displayed below the search, and you can tap on your preferred search result to see more information about each title. You can also search by sports team to view relevant information about that team, including the schedule for their upcoming games. Shaw FreeRange TV App > Search

With the FreeRange App you can access:

• Saved: For You, Downloads
  • Live TV: All Listings, Kids, Sports and Movies
  • On Demand: TV, Movies, Networks

You can also search by Recent Channels, Popular TV Shows and Popular Movies

Features and Support

Download-to-Go: The Shaw FreeRange TV app includes the "Download-to-go" feature, which allows you to download select On Demand titles from the FreeRange TV app directly to your mobile device so that you can watch it at a later time without having to be connected to the Internet or use your device's mobile data.

Parental Controls: The Shaw FreeRange TV app includes the ability to set parental controls which allow you to limit the types of content that can be accessed using the app.

Live TV Viewing: Stream your favourite live shows and TV networks directly on your mobile device.

Shaw-on-Demand streaming: Stream select movie and television content directly from Shaw On Demand.

Blackout Information: Click here for information about channel blackouts on the FreeRange TV app.

Manage Your Shaw FreeRange TV Through My Account: Manage your parental controls and registered devices directly through My Account.

Related: FreeRange TV - Frequently Asked Questions 

How to Download

You can use the Shaw FreeRange TV app on the following supported devices:

Supported Devices

iPhoneiOS 9.0 or higher
iPad
iOS 9.0 or higher
iPod TouchiOS 9.0 or higher
Android

4.1 and higher

Visit the following App stores to download the Shaw FreeRange TV app:

For iOS: Download the Shaw FreeRange app on the Apple App Store.

For Android: Download the Shaw FreeRange app on Google Play.

Related Articles

Still have questions? Chat with us on social media.

It's fast, easy and convenient, and it's totally a new way to connect with us.

Facebook Messenger       Twitter Help

Attachments

Outcomes