Learn how to set up Google Chromecast Audio with these tips. Google Chromecast Audio is a small device that allows you to enjoy your favourite audio content from a variety of apps, and Google Chrome, on your home speakers. Below, you will find details on how to connect your Google Chromecast Audio to your stereo and home WiFi network.
This article will provide insight into:
How to set up Google Chromecast Audio using Android
To set up Chromecast Audio using an Android device:
- Plug one end of the USB power cable into your Chromecast Audio, and the other end into the power supply, and then into a nearby power outlet
- Plug your Chromecast's audio cable into the AUX/Line/optical input on your audio receiver
- Install the Google Home app (formerly known as Chromecast app) for Android on your phone or tablet. Requires Android 4.0.3 and up.
- Launch the app, accept the terms, and select your Chromecast Audio
- Follow the on-screen prompts to connect your Chromecast Audio to your WiFi network
Back to top
How to connect Chromecast Audio to WiFi
In order to connect your Google Chromecast to your home wireless Internet, you will need to first obtain your wireless network name, and network password. If you are using a Shaw wireless modem, you can find this information listed on a white sticker the top of the device, labeled SSID and Passphrase/Password (example below).
When prompted, enter your network name and password to connect to your home Wireless Internet network.
Shaw Wireless Router Network Information
Back to top