Legacy 2-year ValuePlans

Document created by [shaw]vikki on Mar 14, 2016Last modified by [shaw]fraser on Aug 18, 2016
Version 15Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

As of July 15th, 2016, we've introduced a new 2-year ValuePlan which includes our newest Internet package, WideOpen Internet 150. Please visit Introducing Shaw WideOpen Internet 150 or Shaw.ca for more information.

You can review the details of your existing 2-year ValuePlan below.

On This Page

What Is a 2-year ValuePlan?

Terms of Service

Do I have to sign a 2-year ValuePlan?

What is the benefit of a 2-year ValuePlan?

Is a 2-year ValuePlan right for me?

General FAQ

What Is a 2-year ValuePlan?

New customers signing up for a Shaw 2-year ValuePlan can receive up to $1000 in savings while committed to a 2-year service term. For more information on signing up for a Shaw 2-year ValuePlan, as well as up-to-date pricing, visit: Shaw.ca/bundles

What Shaw provides to youWhat you commit to
  • Free monthly rental on our Gateway HDPVR Equipment for up to 3 TVs (up to $600 value)
  • 6 month promotion for new TV and Internet services
  • Free installation on new services ($60 value)
  • 6 months shomi & CraveTV included
  • Ongoing $5 bundled discount
  • Remain an active TV and Internet customers on a minimum service level of Internet 15 and Personal TV for the 2-year term.

Customers that choose to end their 2-year ValuePlan early will be required to:

1. Return all Internet and TV hardware to Shaw if canceling services
  2. Pay early cancellation fees calculated based on the number of months remaining in the 2-year ValuePlan multiplied by the early cancellation fee ($15, $20 or $25 depending on the hardware chosen)

At the expiry of your 2-year term, your service will continue on a month-to month basis. You will also continue to receive your TV hardware as a free rental (up to $25/month value) as well as applicable bundle discounts as long as you remain a Shaw TV and Internet customer.

Terms of Service

For more information about our 2-year ValuePlan, as well as what you will be committing to, visit: Shaw.ca/serviceagreement

Do I have to sign a 2-year ValuePlan?

No. 2-year ValuePlans are available for customers who want to receive additional value on their services along with a complimentary Gateway HDPVR rental. Month-to-month plans continue to be a great option for customers who are not willing to commit to a 2-year term.

What is the benefit of a 2-year ValuePlan?

2-year ValuePlans allow you to get our most popular TV channels and fastest Internet at an unbeatable value, as well as a Gateway HDPVR at no additional cost. As an added perk you also get shomi and CraveTV included for six months.

Not only that, but you can now watch your favourite shows on the go with Shaw FreeRange TV.

Is a 2-year ValuePlan right for me?

2-year ValuePlans are designed for customers who want to receive the most value with their Shaw services and hardware, and are not interested in paying to rent or purchase equipment outright or through an Easy Own plan.

General FAQ

Does the 2-year ValuePlan include a service rate guarantee?

New 2-year ValuePlans which include WideOpen Internet 150 do include a price guarantee, however legacy 2-year ValuePlans do not.  Throughout the 2-year term the monthly rate for your plan may change, however we will notify you at least 30 days in advanced of any rate changes.

What hardware was included in a legacy 2-year ValuePlan?

Legacy 2-year ValuePlan included Gateway HDPVR Equipment (one TV), plus up to two Gateway Portals (supporting up to three TVs total). Additional portals can be added for $5 per month per portal.

Do I get to keep the hardware at the end of the 2-year ValuePlan?

Yes. After your term, as long as you remain a Shaw TV and Internet customer you will continue to receive a free monthly rental of your hardware. If you choose to unsubscribe from one service, you will be subject to the rental rate of the hardware at the time of service change.

If you choose to leave Shaw after your term has ended, you are required to return all hardware to Shaw.

Can I change my level of service while on a 2-year ValuePlan?

Provided you maintain the minimum required service level of Personal TV along with Internet 15 or higher, you can make changes to your services at any time. Limited TV is not eligible with a 2-year ValuePlan.

Can I sign up for a 2-year ValuePlan if I am subscribed to a traditional (grandfathered) TV package?

Customers subscribed to the Classic Cable package may sign up for a 2-year ValuePlan, provided they maintain a minimum Shaw Internet service level of Internet 15 or above bundled with it. Other traditional TV packages, such as Basic Cable, do not qualify for a 2-year ValuePlan.

Still Need A Little Help?

See what other customers are asking, or sign-in

to ask your own question, in the TV forum.

tv-forum.png

Attachments

Outcomes