The Family Channel app is a premium video streaming service allowing deeper access to your favourite Family programs, all at your convenience with on-demand, live streaming, download to go, and other personalization features. Family Channel App is unique 3-in-1 service offering favourite shows from Family Channel, Family Jr., and Family CHRGD, at no additional cost for Shaw TV customers who subscribe to these channels.
This article will provide insight into:
Back to top
How to sign into the app
The Family Channel app is free to download, however, you will need to subscribe to the Family Channel, Family Jr., and Family CHRGD in order to view the content associated with that channel in the app.
When you first open the app on your device you will be prompted to pick your television provider and sign in. Shaw customers can select Shaw Go as their provider, and then use their Shaw email address, My Account credentials or Shaw Direct username and password to sign into the app.
Back to top
Family Channel app features
Here are some of the features that you will get with the Family Channel app:
- Live Streaming. Live TV is linked to the Eastern feeds of the channels, allowing subscribers to see content from Family, Family Jr., Family CHRGD and F2N, synced with the on-air broadcast.
- On Demand. Allows subscribers to watch their favourite series from all the Family networks, whenever they want.
- Download to Go. Subscribers can download shows to their device so they can watch offline without an Internet connection.
- Add to Favourites. Allows subscribers to keep track of their personal curated list of favourite shows by channel.
- Season Stacking. Provides not only the latest episodes, but full seasons of favourite shows. In some cases, subscribers can access multiple seasons or the entire library of hit Family network shows.
- Parental Controls. Allows parents and guardians to lock content from a specific channel, to ensure the viewing experience is suitable for their children.
Back to top
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to commonly asked questions about the Family Channel app.
What is the Family Channel App?
The Family Channel App is a premium video streaming service providing access to kids and family programs all at your convenience with On-Demand viewing and live streaming for the ultimate viewing experience. The Family Channel App is a unique 4-in-1 service offering all your favourite shows from Family Channel, Family CHRGD, Family Jr. and F2N in one place. All of this at no additional cost for Family subscribers.
How do I sign in to the Family Channel App?
You can sign in to the Family Channel App by either click on any video that has a lock on it, or (on a mobile device) by click on the "hamburger" menu within the app and selecting the "Sign in" option under "Settings." Select Shaw as your service provider and then enter your My Account, Shaw email or Shaw Direct credentials.
Which devices does the Family Channel App support?
The Family Channel App supports the following:
- iPad (2+), iPod Touch (5G+) and iPhone (4S+) running iOS 8+
- Android tablets and smartphones running version 5.0-5.0.2 Lollipop OS
- MAC: 10.6+: Browsers: Safari, Firefox and Chrome
- PC: IE9+, Firefox and Chrome
How can I watch the Family Channel App on my computer?
You can watch the Family Channel App from your computer at FamilyGo.ca
Who is the Family Channel App for?
The Family Channel App is for kids and families who love the awesome programming that Family's suite of channels offer and who have a subscription to at least one Family Channel network with a participating television service provider. Your access to Family Channel App programs is linked to your TV subscription. You will be able to watch programming for all channels on the Family Channel App that are part of your TV package.
Can I watch programs on the Family Channel App with closed-captioning? Described video?
Programs available on the Family Channel App are offered with closed-captioning for mobile and web platforms, and on the set top box for participating television providers. Closed-captioning is also available through the livestreaming option. To turn the closed-captioning feature on or off, click on the box in the bottom right corner of the screen next to the full-screen icon. Described video is not available for programs on the Family Channel App.
Can I use the Family Channel App when traveling in Canada and the U.S?
The Family Channel App can be used anywhere in Canada on your mobile device or computer. The Family Channel App is not available for use outside Canada.
Does the Family Channel have parental controls?
Yes, the Family Channel App does have parental controls which can be accessed through the "Settings" menu in the top right corner of the app. To lock content from a specific channel, click on the gear icon. Available content will be marked with a check mark and locked content will not have a check mark. To lock content from one or more of the channels included in the Family Channel app, de-select the corresponding check mark.
Back to top