CTV News GO

Document created by shaw-fraser on Mar 24, 2016Last modified by shaw-alex on Oct 18, 2016
Version 7Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

CTV News GO gives you all of the latest and breaking news, which is organized into easy-to-find categories not only at the national level but for cities across Canada, including raw streams from news events as they happen.

CTV News GO also provides live and on demand video content of Canada’s most-watched newscast, CTV’s flagship CTV National News with Lisa LaFlamme, along with local newscasts from across Canada. National programs such as W5 and Question Period, are also available. TV subscribers can also access a live stream of CTV News Channel with its 24/7 coverage.

CTV News content can also be accessed through the FreeRange TV - App

CTV News GO app icon

On This Page

Download

Sign-in to the App

CTV News GO Features

Frequently Asked Questions'

Supported Devices

iPhoneiOS 7.0 or higher
iPad
iOS 7.0 or higher
Android

4.3 or higher

Download

For iOS: Get CTV News GO on the iTunes store.

For Android: Get CTV News GO n the Google Play store.

Sign-in to the App

CTV News GO is free to download, however you will need to subscribe to the CTV News channel in order to sign in. When you first launch the app, the sign-in page will be automatically presented to you. Shaw customers can select Shaw Go as their service provider, and then use their Shaw email address, My Account credentials or Shaw Direct username and password to sign into the app. Once successfully authenticated, you will have access to all of the apps features.

CTV News GO Features

• Clean, sleek design
  • Raw news video feeds as news events happen
  • Live stream of CTV News Channel for TV subscribers
  • Rich news content on a variety of topics from Canada and around the world
  • CTV News Twitter feeds that feature quick updates and breaking news

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I sign in to the CTV News GO app?

Shaw customers can select Shaw Go as their service provider, and then use their Shaw email address, My Account credentials or Shaw Direct username and password to sign into the app. Once successfully authenticated, you will have access to all of the apps features.

I have forgotten my password. How can I recover my MyAccount username and password?

You can recover your My Account username and password through MyAccount.Shaw.ca.

Check the following link for details. Shaw Account Settings (My Account)

When do full episodes become available for viewing?

CTV News programming will be available shortly after the show airs on TV.

How do you stream your video content?

CTV News GO delivers content via adaptive streaming. This means the stream is constantly adjusting to deliver the best quality playback based on your available bandwidth. The app delivers content at bitrates between 400 an 2048kbps.

Are all videos available in closed captioning?

Closed captioning and described video are currently not available. Please see here for more details: CTV News | CTV News GO Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if I get an error playing content?

Please select the content again to start playback. If the error persists, it is possible we are currently experiencing technical difficulties and are working to resolve the issue.

A full list of frequently asked questions can be found on the CTV News website, located here: CTV News | CTV News GO Frequently Asked Questions

Still Need A Little Help?

See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask

your own question, in the TV forum.

tv-forum.png

Attachments

Outcomes