With Shaw FreeRange TV, you can watch live sports, on-demand shows, movies and much more on the go from multiple devices. Learn more about Shaw FreeRange TV where you can also download kids' shows to keep your little ones entertained, allowing them to watch offline even when there isn’t a connection. It's an entirely new way of experiencing TV and it’s available to all Shaw TV customers for free.
To get started, you'll need to Register a Device - specific directions for both mobile viewing (on your phone or tablet) or computer viewing are provided below.
What would you like to do?
- Register a Device
- Watch Shaw FreeRange TV on your Phone or Tablet
- Shaw FreeRange TV Features
Before you can start watching Shaw FreeRange TV, you will need to sign in and register your device. You can sign in using one of three methods:
- Using a shaw.ca email address (Available to customers subscribed to both Shaw Cable TV and Internet services)
- Don't have a shaw.ca email address? How to Create a New @shaw.ca email Account using My Account
- Have a shaw.ca email address but forgot your password? How to Change Your Email Password
- Using your Shaw Cable My Account username and password
- Don't have a Shaw Cable My Account created? Register here.
- Using your Shaw Direct My Account username and password
- Don't have a Shaw Direct My Account created? Register here.
Once signed in, you will be prompted to name your device. This name will help you to identify this device among others that you may register in the future.
Shaw FreeRange TV allow you to:
- Register and use up to 40 devices
- Stream live content on up to two devices at the same time
- Authorize up to five devices to download select titles for viewing offline
The Shaw FreeRange TV App is available for your Apple iOS or Android devices, just follow the applicable app store link below:
|Android 4.03 and higher||Download the Shaw FreeRange TV app on the Google Play Store|
|iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch: |
iOS 9.0 and higher
|Download the Shaw FreeRange TV app on the Apple App Store|
Shaw FreeRange TV can also be accessed via your desktop or laptop computer. Just use your web browser to access freerange.shaw.ca and you will have access to up to 80 live channels and over 30,000 on demand titles (FreeRange TV is linked directly to your Shaw TV subscription so content will vary by account). In order to use Shaw FreeRange TV, your computer must meet these requirements:
The Shaw FreeRange TV app includes the "Download-to-go" feature, which allows you to download select on demand titles from the FreeRange TV app directly to your mobile device so that you can watch it at a later time without having to be connected to the Internet or use your device's mobile data connection.
Note: Download-to-go is not available for the desktop/laptop version of FreeRange TV
FreeRange TV includes the ability to set parental controls to limit the types of content available for streaming and download. If you access FreeRange TV on multiple devices, please be aware that parental controls must be set up individually on each device (including the website), and that FreeRange TV parental controls are separate from the parental controls for your Digital Box.
Manage Your FreeRange TV in My Account
The Shaw My Account platform allows you to manage your registered devices and disable parental controls on a device-by-device basis.
Still have questions?
Check out the FreeRange TV - Frequently Asked Questions page!
Still Need A Little Help?
See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask
your own question, in the TV forum.