Microsoft Office for Mac 2016 offers an Apple compatible version of Outlook 2016. Please follow the below details to configure Outlook for Mac 2016 to work with your Shaw.ca email account.
Setup Email on Office for Mac 2016
To configure Outlook for Mac 2016 with your Shaw e-mail account:
- Enable Remote Access on your Shaw Webmail account
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2016
- Select the Outlook menu in the upper left hand corner.
- Select Preferences, from this window click Accounts
- Click the + button in the lower left corner and select Other Email from the list (example 1)
- Enter the following information (example 2)
- E-mail address: Your full Shaw e-mail address
- Password: Your Shaw e-mail password
- User name: Your Shaw e-mail without the domain (@shaw.ca)
- Type: IMAP
- Incoming server: imap.shaw.ca
- Click to add a checkmark for Use SSL To Connect (port number will automatically update to 993)
- Outgoing server: mail.shaw.ca
- Click to add checkmarks for both Override Default Port and Use SSL to Connect
- Change port number from 465 to 587
- Click Add Account and close the setup window
Still Need A Little Help?
See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask
your own question, in the Internet forum.