Self-Install Frequently Asked Questions

Document created by shaw-jamess on Jul 28, 2016Last modified by shaw-alex on Apr 18, 2017
Version 8Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Shaw's Self-Install program allows you to quickly and easily setup your new hardware without requiring a visit from a technician. Everything you need is shipped in a kit, including easy-to-follow instructions. No scheduling, no fees, and all on your own time.

Do you still have questions? Please refer to the FAQ below.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible for Self-Install?

Currently, we are able to offer the self-install option to the following customers,

• New customers signing up for new Internet-only service
  • Existing customers adding Internet-only service
  • Existing Internet customers upgrading their plan or modem
  • Internet-only customers moving to a new address (some exceptions apply)

How long will it take to receive my Self-Install Kit?

For most major areas like Edmonton or Vancouver, shipping is estimated to take 2 to 5 business days.  For rural areas, shipping is estimated to take up to 11 business days.

Can I track the shipping status of my Self-Install Kit?

Once the Self-Install Kit has been shipped, tracking information will be provided via email so that you can track the status of your shipment.

What if I am missing an item from my Self-Install Kit?

If you have determined that you are missing an item, please Chat online or contact us at 1-844-574-7429

Will I need to do anything to activate my Shaw equipment once I have self-installed it?

No, Internet modems being shipped within the Self-Install Kit will be pre-activated and you will simply need to follow the instructions provided to connect to the Internet.

What if I need additional help?

For additional support, customers can visit shaw.ca/selfinstall, Chat online or contact us at 1-844-574-7429.

When will my billing start?

For new Shaw customers, billing will start the day equipment is installed or by day 14 following your order date.

What if I don’t install my equipment within 14 days of placing my order?

You can still proceed with self-installing your equipment after 14 days of receiving it.

If I am upgrading Shaw equipment, how do I return my old Shaw equipment?

You can use the same box that your new equipment was sent in.  Secure the box, apply the return label to the box and drop it off at your nearest Canada Post location.

What happens if I don’t return my old Shaw equipment?

You will have 45 days following your order date to return your old Shaw equipment. If we do not receive the old equipment within 45 days, unreturned equipment charges will be applied to your account.

Related Articles

1 person found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes