shomi Winding Down Effective November 30th, 2016

Document created by shaw-fraser on Sep 26, 2016Last modified by shaw-jamesp on Nov 17, 2016
Version 5Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

On November 30th, 2016, shomi will be winding down operations due to changes in the business climate for online video marketplaces.  Current shomi subscribers can continue to stream their favourite shows and movies online, through FreeRange TV, and via compatible equipment until November 30th.

You can learn more about this decision by visiting the official press release: http://shomimedia.com/news-feed/all

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is shomi winding down?

For more information on why this decision has been made, please see the official response from shomi: http://shomimedia.com/news-feed/all

How long will I have access to shomi?

Current shomi members can keep streaming and binge-watching their favourite shows and movies online, via their Digital Box, FreeRange TV, on select tablets, mobile devices, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, Apple TV, Chromecast, and PS4 until November 30th, 2016.

When do I stop getting billed for shomi?

Billing for shomi will end on November 30th, 2016.

shomi was included in my package, will I get a discount or another service instead?

Your account and bill will be adjusted to reflect the removal of shomi on November 30, 2016.

Is there another service you would recommend instead of shomi?

We have a number of other services that include vast on-demand libraries if you're looking for more content, including:

• CraveTV
  • Hollywood Suite
  • Super Channel
  • TMN/HBO Canada

I'm an existing online-only (OTT) shomi customer, who can I contact about this?

Customers who subscribed directly through shomi can contact them by visiting shomi.com or calling their toll free number at 1-855-417-4664. Unfortunately, we do not have access to the accounts of customers who signed up directly through shomi.

Can I cancel shomi now?

Yes. Shaw customers can cancel their subscription to shomi at any time via My Account, or contacting Shaw.

Questions? Join the discussion

Attachments

Outcomes