New and recent models of Insignia televisions are capable of connecting to wireless networks in order to access additional content from the Internet. If you have an Insignia Connected TV that is wireless-ready, please see the instructions below for assistance in connecting your TV to your Shaw wireless Internet service.
Set Up WiFi On Your TV
When setting your Insignia TV up for the first time, you will be taken through Guided Setup, which will configure your network settings for you. The directions below may vary, depending upon your model of Insignia TV. For further assistance, please see the Insignia product support page at insigniaproducts.com/support.
To use Guided Setup, follow these steps:
- Press Power on your remote control to turn your TV on.
- From the Let's get started > screen, select your language of choice, and press OK.
- Select Set up for home use and press OK.
- Select Wireless as your type of network connection, and press OK.
- Your TV will scan for wireless networks within range. Use the up and down arrows on your remote control to select your network, and press OK.
- Your network's name (SSID) may be found on the white sticker on your Shaw modem (seen below).
- When you select your network, you will be prompted for your password. You can enter it using the on-screen keyboard.
- Your network's password (Pre-shared Key) may be found on the white sticker on your Shaw modem (seen below).
- After you submit your password, your TV will display progress indicators as it connects to your network and the Internet.
- When prompted, select the correct time zone.
- As soon as your computer connects to the Internet it will download and install any available software updates, and then restart.
- When your TV restarts it will display any remaining steps in the on-screen guide. Follow the steps to complete the set up of your Insignia TV.
You will need to have your network name (SSID) and password (Pre-shared Key) available. These can be found on the white sticker on the top or back of your modem, seen here:
If you have customised your network name (SSID) and password and can no longer remember the login credentials, you will need to restore your Wireless Modem to the default settings
Still Need A Little Help?
See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask
your own question, in the Internet forum.