|The Pull the Power Concept - If you are having trouble connecting to the Internet, have TV issues, can't access your PVR content, can't get a dial tone on your home phone, or are having basic technical issues with your devices, simply unplug the power cord for the device from the electrical outlet or power bar, wait a few seconds, plug back in and try restarting.|
If you’re having trouble connecting to the Internet or connecting to WiFi try pulling the power of your modem. The following steps will provide instructions for pulling the power on a Shaw Modem — which is sometimes connected to a router.
- Unplug the power from your Shaw Modem, leaving all other connections secure.
- Unplug the power from your router and wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug the power back into your Shaw Modem only.
- Wait until the Shaw Modem comes back online, as indicated by a steady Online light (this may take a few minutes depending on the model of Shaw Modem that you have).
- Plug the power back into your router
- Restart your computer and test your Internet connection
Back to top
If you are experiencing TV technical issues, guide issues or cannot access PVR recordings, try pulling the power of your PVR or Digital Box by:
- Locate the main power cord for PVR/Digital Box.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall or from the power bar.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- The PVR/Digital Box will be reset.
- Repeat steps 1-5 for the main power cord for your TV.
It can take a few minutes for the Guide functions to be fully restored and for the Guide channel information to be populated on screen.
Back to top
Home Phone Issues
If you are having technical issues with your home phone, for example if you cannot get a dial tone on your home phone, have voice quality issues or if your phone terminal is frozen, pull the power on your phone by following these steps:
- Locate your Shaw Digital Phone Terminal. You will have one of the following Digital Phone Terminals from Shaw:
- Unplug the power cord from the wall or power bar.
- Remove the battery pack from the unit.
- Wait 30 seconds before restoring power to your Digital Phone Terminal.
- Wait two to three minutes for the TEL1 and the TEL2 lights to flash simultaneously before testing the dial tone on your phones.
If your phone service is still unavailable after an additional five minutes, you can reset the Digital Phone Terminal using the Pinhole Reset option. See the following resources for the specific Digital Phone Terminal that you have.
Learn More: Resetting the Motorola SBV 5120, Resetting the Motorola SBV 5220, Resetting the Arris TM502, Resetting the Arris TM602
Back to top
Still have questions? Chat with us on social media.
It's fast, easy and convenient, and it's totally a new way to connect with us.