The BlueSky TV remote control is a remote with voice control which will be included with the BlueSky TV hardware bundle. The BlueSky TV remote will help you find your programming faster by using voice commands to change channels, search for shows, get program recommendations, access PVR recordings and more. This article will provide insight into:
Did You Know
With Aim Anywhere Technology there is no need to point your remote directly at the TV box in order to control it. Aim Anywhere Technology will let you control your TV box up to 50 feet away.
BlueSky TV Remote Control Features
The BlueSky TV remote control is Shaw’s first remote with voice control functionality. The BlueSky TV remote comes with the BlueSky TV HDPVR and BlueSky Portal.
Core features of the remote include:
- Voice key and microphone - For program convenience
- Backlight Keypad - All keys, amber colour
- Accelerometer - Keys are illuminated for 3 seconds when remote is picked up
- Laser cut buttons - For durability and ease of use
- Easy access key for accessibility features - Such as closed captioning and voice guidance
- Aim Anywhere – Control your TV box up to 50 feet away
Learn more about your BlueSky TV remote with this video guide:
Related: How to Program Your BlueSky TV Remote Control
Back to top
Here are some of the common button functions of the BlueSky TV remote control:
|TV Power||When the remote is programmed with a valid TV code, the TV Power button turns the TV on or off.|
Turns on/off both the TV and TV cable box.
- All Power will power on/off both the TV and audio device. (Providing that the remote is a BlueSky TV remote that supports the BlueSky cable box)
- The BlueSky TV cable box is designed to remain on at all times and will not turn off when this button is pushed.
Turns sound off or on.
With PVR service, replay jumps back 15 seconds within a program.
- Rewind Shaw On Demand or PVR content.
- Jump back 24 hours within the Guide screen.
- Fast forward Shaw On Demand or PVR content.
- Jump forward 24 hours within the Guide screen.
Play or pause live TV, Shaw On Demand or PVR content.
Exit on-screen guides; stop and exit Shaw On Demand and PVR content. When replaying moments from a live TV program, press Exit to return to the "Live" point.
Activates voice control for voice commands.
Records the current program. Learn more about recording a current program on your BlueSky TV guide.
Displays TV listings. When viewing the guide, press the Guide button to filter the guide by All Channels, Favorites, HD, Movies, Sports, Kids and Trending.
Learn more about navigating your BlueSky TV guide and filtering your BlueSky on-screen guide.
Displays the main menu of the guide, providing access to all guide features, including PVR and Shaw On Demand.
- Jump several rows up or down in the guide and in other menu pages.
- Skip 10 minutes forward or back while watching Shaw On Demand.
- Skip five minutes forward or back while watching any live TV or PVR recording.
Returns to the previous channel or guide screen.
Press Last when watching full-screen programming to see the last nine channels, PVR programs, or Shaw On Demand programs watched.
Displays detailed program information.
Used to pair a remote with the TV cable box or programs for control of the TV or AV receiver.
Selects available inputs.
Select a highlighted item within an on-screen menu.
- The right arrow pulls up the Mini-Guide (learn more about navigating the Mini-Guide on your BlueSky TV guide) to display what's on the current channel at that time. Press it again to preview up to 14 days ahead.
- The down arrow accesses on-screen playback controls while watching any video.
- Numeric Keypad: Use the alphanumeric keypad to directly tune a channel (e.g., 104 or 532) or use the predictive search feature to search by keyword, such as channel name or actor (e.g., search for CTV by pressing 2-2-8).
Back to top
For quick access to common remote commands, there are four Shortcut Keys/Buttons on the BlueSky TV remote:
- A - Help menu
- B - Video on Demand, enable video preview in full screen guide
- C - Sports app (scores, teams, and other detailed info)
- D - Delete selected recording, clear history
Back to top