What extra am I getting with the addition of Crave to TMN/HBO?

b-r-i
Grasshopper

With the merging of CraveTV with TMN/HBO I am now being charged $2/month more. What do I actually get for this? I don't have a Smart TV and I don't watch TV on my PC or phone.

I've tried searching the Shaw site and found this page:

Nov 1 | The Movie Network (TMN) and CraveTV are now Crave 

While it has a lot of information, there are no specifics on what extra features I will get. Without a Smart TV (and not use a PC or phone), will I still be able to access the extra content? Will I be able to identify what content is coming from the addition of Crave? Is there a link you can give me with all of the details rather than vague descriptions like "the package will now include Crave originals like Letterkenny, previous seasons of Showtime series and hit TV series like The Big Bang Theory."?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: What extra am I getting with the addition of Crave to TMN/HBO?

shaw-tony

Hey b-r-i,

Thank you for reaching out! You certainly will receive more content from the Crave TV library since they are combined. If you do not use a PC or smart devices to view TV shows, you can certainly still order them through your cable box or through vod.shaw.ca (for the entire library). The extra features are the extra content, and access to watch HBO + Crave TV content on your mobile device or on the go anywhere within Canada. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

b-r-i
Grasshopper

Tony,

Thanks for your reply. I'm still looking for more details, 'more content' doesn't tell me what specific content I'm getting now that I didn't get before. In case it wasn't clear in my original post, I was already a subscriber of the TMN/HBO package. I want to get a link to a page that says specifically exactly the content that comes from the addition of Crave. Surely such a list must exist otherwise why would anyone have ordered Crave prior to merge if they didn't know what content they were buying?

Also, I note that the description of the package says that I get access to 6 channels. As far as i know, I only have 4 channels (note, the channel numbers are from my region, Calgary); Crave1 55, Crave2 56, Crave3 57, HBO 58. Where are the other two channels; Crave4 & HBO2?

From my POV, I can't see anything new other than the name change and the $2/month increase. At least there is no obvious new content that I can see.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hi b-r-i 

I'll see if I can clarify this a bit more for you. Previously, CraveTV was a separate subscription that you could add through Shaw or directly through CraveTV.ca. Most of the content included was tv shows, including full seasons of past HBO and Showtime programs like the Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Boardwalk Empire, etc. However there were also a few specials and movies as well (mostly documentaries). Unfortunately I can't give you a full list of the different shows as I don't think we have one available, but it was different than what you would get with just HBO and Movie Network. You can find a bit more info in their FAQ.

There are a few different ways you can access Crave content. You can watch through VOD on your set top box, or you can go to crave.ca to watch online. If you have mobile devices you can also download the Crave app or use FreeRange TV to watch on the go - you will need to log in with your Shaw ID

In Calgary, the channels included with this package would be:

55 Crave 1

56 Crave 2

57 Crave 3

58 HBO Canada 2

63 TMN Encore

64 TMN Encore 2

260 TMN Encore HD

268 TMN Encore 2 HD

279 HBO Canada 2 HD

280 Crave HD 1 HD

281 Crave HD 2 HD

282 Crave HD 3 HD

Let us know if you have any other questions!

TALK TO US
We're here to help