XB6 modem with Google Wifi

bullfu
Grasshopper

I have a XB6 modem and Internet 300, just recently bought a Goggle Wifi system and wanted to use that as my priciple router, I tried to turn on my bridge mode on the modem however the hardwire connections off the router does not work after I turn on the bridge mode, am I missing something here?\

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: XB6 modem with Google Wifi

shaw-tony

Hey bullfu,

Thank you for reaching out! The XB6 ethernet ports should be working as expected when you bridge the modem with the steps here. Have you tried connecting the XB6 modem directly to your PC through ethernet to see if there are any network connections?

Keep me posted,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

bullfu
Grasshopper

I've tried that, I have one ethernet cable connecting to computer, but it says my ip is invalid.

While I am on topic, what is the difference between bridge mode, and disable both 2.4g and 5g Wifi manually without going into bridge mode?

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

bullfu that is certainly odd. Are you seeing that on multiple PCs? I'd recommend completing a factory reset with the steps here (or holding the PIN hole in the back of the modem for 30 seconds), then test if you are able to connect to the modem directly, and finally, bridge the modem if you can connect to the Internet.

When you bridge the modem, the XB6 will only act as a modem only making it easy to connect to a 3rd party router. If you only disable the WiFi and not bridge the modem (while connecting to a 3rd party router) you will experience complications with your internet. I have more details on that here.

0 Kudos

Hello I have a related issue.  I have a shaw modem and go...

pmack
Grasshopper

Hello I have a related issue.  I have a shaw modem and google wifi network.  The speed tests indicates that the data speeds are three times faster on the shaw wifi network compared to the google wifi network.  Are you able to help me figure this out?

0 Kudos

have you already bridged the Gateway Modem and noticed th...

shaw-tony

@pmack have you already bridged the Gateway Modem and noticed these issues? Are you using CAT5e or higher ethernet cables? On the Google WiFi network, are you using the 5Ghz AC network to run a speedtest?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help