How do we hide subscribed channels in our guide?

Not applicable

Bluesky: how do I hide channels from my guide (that we don't want to see)? This includes ones that we have subscribed to. I know how to view our "free" ones... but we want to hide some that we are subscribed to but never watch. Used to be able to do this with Gateway, but can't seem to do it with Bluesky guide. Help!

8 Replies

Re: How do we hide subscribed channels in our guide?

rickatk
Master

sc1967 wrote:

Bluesky: how do I hide channels from my guide (that we don't want to see)? This includes ones that we have subscribed to. I know how to view our "free" ones... but we want to hide some that we are subscribed to but never watch. Used to be able to do this with Gateway, but can't seem to do it with Bluesky guide. Help!

Unfortunately you can’t hide unsubscribed channels. That was a nice feature in the classic guide. The best alternative is to select the channels you like and designate them as a “favourite”. The guide has a “favourites” filter in the drop down menu.

0 Kudos

That is extremely annoying!  My new hobby is getting rid...

Kiwibillie
Grasshopper

That is extremely annoying!  My new hobby is getting rid of channels I never wanted to pay for in the first place - like sports!  Then finding out that on no even though you marked this channel favourite you arent actually subscribed to it!  Well then Shaw don’t show it to me!

This is a deal breaker. I dare the exec who approved this...

Hund
Grasshopper

This is a deal breaker. I dare the exec who approved this to contact users to explain this idiotic move. I want my old machine back

The original poster probably meant how do we hide UNSUBSC...

Dalmazio
Grasshopper

The original poster probably meant how do we hide UNSUBSCRIBED channels in our guide.

I'm a new Shaw customer, and I have the same question, as my elderly father uses it, and doesn't want to flip through hundreds of channels to find just those we are subscribed to. The suggestion to add them to a favorites list is somewhat helpful, but it's not enough. My dad wants simplicity, and that means power on/off, and channel up/down. Using the channel up/down still goes through ALL the available channels (1000) even though we aren't subscribed to the vast majority of them.

Please provide a way to remove channels that we aren't subscribed to from the list.

Which cable box does he have?

rstra
Grand Master

Which cable box does he have?

0 Kudos

>> Bluesky: how do I hide channels from my guide (that we...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>> Bluesky: how do I hide channels from my guide (that we don't want to see)? This includes ones that we have subscribed to. Used to be able to do this with Gateway, but can't seem to do it with Bluesky guide.

> The original poster probably meant how do we hide UNSUBSCRIBED channels in our guide.

I disagree with your interpretation.

0 Kudos

I so agree.  I suspect Shaw looks at having all the chann...

dck
Grasshopper

I so agree.  I suspect Shaw looks at having all the channels show up as a form of advertising and will never bend to the needs of seniors for this reason.

My Dad is barely able to turn the TV on and off, and cannot get back to CNN unassisted when he accidentally presses a button on the remote. He needs simplicity.

"Show only Favourites" and "Show only Subscribed" are two essential tools that you would find on any software pretty much anywhere.  Think about email, for example; Show unread, show all from this sender, show all with "this" in the title, etc.  As a software product manager, Shaw's design would be a non-starter in my industry.

"Show only Favourites" and "Show only Subscribed" are two...

Peter45
Grasshopper

"Show only Favourites" and "Show only Subscribed" are two essential tools that you would find on any software pretty much anywhere.  Think about email, for example; Show unread, show all from this sender, show all with "this" in the title, etc.  As a software product manager, Shaw's design would be a non-starter in my industry.

We could not agree more!!!!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help