NO AUDIO/VIDEO EVERY MORNING

gl3nnh
Grasshopper

Every morning when I wake up or come home from work I go to watch TV. I turn on my TV with my Samsung Remote and/or my BlueSky remote but my New BlueSky box doesn't send any video or audio signal when waking it up from sleep mode, power saving mode or after a prolonged period of time.

I can manually reboot the BlueSky boxes by unplugging them and this fixes the problem, but I shouldn't have to keep rebooting my BlueSky boxes every time I want to watch TV. 

This happens on both my living room PVR box and my bedroom terminal box. Can someone assist?

Power Savings is turned ON

Screen Saving is set to 5 hours

Release Version 93.0.5

Any Help?? We have had this for 1 month and this sucks!!

Labels (1)
44 Replies

Re: NO AUDIO/VIDEO EVERY MORNING

shaw-tamara

Hi gl3nnh 

That's definitely frustrating to have to power cycle the boxes to get them working again. There's a chance it might be a signal problem, so if you haven't checked in with technical support already you might want to do that. But I'm curious to see if it might be the power saving settings that are causing this. Have you tried turning off power saving to see if that makes any difference?

0 Kudos

gl3nnh
Grasshopper

Power Saving was off originally and that's when this started. We decided to turn it on too see if it made a difference. No difference. I haven't spoke to technical support yet. I was hoping someone here had a fix first. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I had same issue with my 2017 Samsung Q7F, drove me crazy.  My tv comes with the One Connect box.   I can power cycle that and it fixed the problem temporarily faster than power cycling the BlueSkyTV box.  Next morn does same thing. Did not fix it completely until I finally power cycled TV AND the One Connect box for at least 30s.

0 Kudos

gl3nnh
Grasshopper

I have the 2017 Samsung MU8000 with One Connect. Can you explain to me how you did such detailed? 
I woke up this am and no audio/picture. I went a head and disconnected all external devices from the One Connect Box and the TV Power Cable to the One Connect Box. I then disconnected the TV from its power source for 30sec. I re-connected all external devices, One Connect Power and then the TV Power. Same issue... no fix.

0 Kudos

gl3nnh
Grasshopper

When I go to setup HDMI #1 Source on Samsung 55MU8000 with One Connect connected to the Shaw 4K Box, the Shaw 4K Box cannot recognize the TV each day. Rebooting the TV doesn't resolve this. Rebooting the Shaw 4K Box does.

I read online that the "Grey Cable" that connects the TV to One Connect Box is not UHD Supported. I turned off UHD for HDMI #1... I'll update in a day or so and see as I have the grey cable. Supposedly the new Black Cable fixes this... could be a myth?

0 Kudos

gl3nnh
Grasshopper

Update:

After speaking to Samsung regarding my previous post about Grey and Black Cables supporting their UHD, yes it's a myth. Samsung advised me to update my TV. There were no online updates available past VER: 1250. They then gave me a new update which I decided to not use! (VER: 1260)

I then decided to dig deeper and it seems the Shaw BlueSky 4K TV Box that I have doesn't feed the Digital Cable TV in 4K but it does for Netflix and YouTube. 
"Shaw does not currently provide any 4K channels or services. However, 4K content is available with Netflix on BlueSky TV--see the How to watch 4K content section above for more information."

I then found another YouTube video of a guy "turning on and off" Samsung's UHD Settings for HDMI #1 for his PS4 and he was able to get a black screen with UHD ON and his PS4 screen with UHD OFF.

We'll my HDMI #1 Source is the Source for my Shaw BlueSky TV 4K Box. I decided to turn OFF UHD for my HDMI #1 Source on Friday. Saturday morning, my TV turns n with no issues. Sunday morning, my TV turns on with no issues. I'm kinda surprised by this and I have the power saving mode on the BlueSky TV Box turned on too!!

The reasoning I switched from Shaw Digital TV to BlueSky TV was for 4K TV. I guess I was fooled by the sales pitch. Now I have to continue to watch Shaw Digital TV without UHD and 4K...    

I wish I was more informed...... Sincerely a long time Shaw customer who is a bit dis-satisfied. 

Howdy, same problem with my Samsung QLED Q90R. I have to...

gdnorrie
Grasshopper

Howdy, same problem with my Samsung QLED Q90R. I have to unplug the shaw blue shy box every morning to get the cable source to fire up

I am having the same issue. Samsung Frame with Oneconnect...

nsu
Grasshopper

I am having the same issue. Samsung Frame with Oneconnect box. Every morning have to power cycle the box. Frustrating. I will call tech tonight. Any updates re this from anyone else?

0 Kudos

I have the same problem as everyone else. Shaw said it wa...

rcinbc
Grasshopper

I have the same problem as everyone else. Shaw said it was there problem, even sent tec out to swap a cable box (Blue Curve). Problem persisted. Shaw then said it was Samsung problem (QLED). Samsung support tried a couple of times with remote fix, no luck, then on 3rd call their supervisor said it is Shaw problem. We are all caught int he middle

My old Panasonic plasma tv in basement with same Blue Curve cable box is fine, no issues with morning start up, no reboots necessary.

Samsung and Shaw need to get in a room together and sort this out.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help