How to record at a specific time when the series has repeats?

rdgee
Grasshopper

Many channels, like Discovery, Knowledge, PBS, and CBC Newsworld, repeat programs more than once a day (or more than once a week). I would like to record a series, recording the episodes which are on at, for example, midnight. The first broadcast of the day might be on at, for example, 7:00 pm.

When I highlight the midnight episode and choose Record Series, the earlier episode is the one that is recorded.

How do I record the midnight episodes rather than the 7:00 pm one? Yes, I could choose Record program but I would have to do that for every episode I want. I want to choose Record Series, but only those episodes on at the time I have chosen.

3 Replies

Re: How to record at a specific time when the series has repeats?

shaw-tony

Hey rdgee,

You can record a specific time with the steps here but there is no series recording feature available. You will also need to manually set it for each day or when the show airs. The steps here for series recording will be for "New Episodes only". Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

rdgee
Grasshopper

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know about the ability to specify recording at a specific time but that doesn't help since the program we want to record at a specific time is part of a series. Why should I have to program every night's National, for example, separately?

The "New Episodes" feature doesn't help either since many of the shows are not identified as New.

Perhaps the feature I'm seeking could be added.

0 Kudos

katie
Shaw Squad

Just out of curiosity, is there a difference between the midnight and 7 pm airings? If it's the exact same program airing, the box is just trying to get you your content as early as possible based on your other recording schedule. 

If it's not the exact same program (IE, different news), we would recommend reaching out to the problematic network asking them to create distinct program IDs for the two different programs. We just had to do that for CTV Toronto's news - setting a series recording for the 6 pm would also record the late-night airing (which is technically different). 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help