BlueCurve Modem/Router - DNS Settings

jonathankonrad
Grasshopper

I must be blind. Where can I set or change the DNS settings in the new BlueCurve Router from Shaw? This is very important to my setup and usually very easy to find. Can someone help? Thanks.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
60 Replies

Re: BlueCurve Modem/Router - DNS Settings

Not applicable

You can't change the DNS settings, unfortunately. 

jonathankonrad
Grasshopper

OK. That is not what I was hoping to hear. Hopefully, they update the firmware and allow that change. Thanks.

rickatk
Master

Have you tried the Shaw admin web page?

http://10.0.0.1/

0 Kudos

braddunlop
Grasshopper

May I ask why?

0 Kudos

johnthehca
Grasshopper

I got my BlueCurve today. After it was set up and running, I discovered that it does not support changing DNS settings. It is now disconnected and back in the box to return to Shaw. Very disappointed.

rickatk
Master

johnthehca wrote:

I got my BlueCurve today. After it was set up and running, I discovered that it does not support changing DNS settings. It is now disconnected and back in the box to return to Shaw. Very disappointed.

Did you try going into the admin web page rather than the app? Alternatively you could call or text in and ask for a dns change?

I have found that the BlueCurve package locks down the router settings. Once set up, it is to change channels, bandwidth,  SSID and other settings. Apparently the BlueCurve system is very consumer oriented allowing for very little tweaking. The upside to this approach...provides for very few variables and consumers , like me, breaking something.

0 Kudos

johnthehca
Grasshopper

I did go into the admin settings and spent about 40 minutes with a support agent on the phone. There is no support for changing DNS settings. I myself find this consumer UNfriendly, but that's only because it doesn't meet my needs. I'm sticking with the Hitron until something more flexible comes along.

Not applicable

Yes this is disappointing and pretty typical these days. This sort of thing only benefits Shaw, so why wouldn't they do it?

Not applicable

Has anybody tried calling Shaw and asking them to change the DNS?  Do they do this?

Not sure where to make suggestions on the forum but can Shaw please forward this suggestion to the developers?  Even if it came with a warning I think it is a good suggestion to have the option to change the DNS.

TALK TO US
We're here to help