Jump to solution

What’s the expected speed when wired to a blue curve pod?

mikeer
Grasshopper

I just upgraded to blue curve 600. My gateway is upstairs and I have a pod almost directly below it in my basement. These are the speeds I get upstairs: 

laptop wifi ~40mbs

laptop wired >600mbs

iphone xr > 400 mbs

these are my speeds downstairs:

laptop wifi ~30 mbs

laptop wired ~100 mbs

iphone xr 300-400mbs

I’m disappointed in the downstairs wired speed since my phone is 3x faster on wireless in the exact same location. I want to put my NAS downstairs and it only has a wired connection which is why this matters.

Anyone else using a wired connection to a pod?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: What’s the expected speed when wired to a blue curve pod?

shaw-tamara

The BlueCurve Pods are intended to help give customers better WiFi coverage, but they're not necessarily the best solution for every home. It's a good idea to have a conversation with our support team to see if they would be the right fit before adding them to your account. We have some more info on this in the BlueCurve Pods FAQ

How do I know if I would benefit from using Pods?

If you have rooms in your home with poor WiFi connectivity due to a weak or inconsistent WiFi signal, then BlueCurve Home Pods may be a good solution. Pods help extend the range of WiFi coverage in your home to hard-to-reach areas, or areas with poor WiFi signal. They are not intended to provide the maximum speed of your Internet speed tier throughout your home.

For example, if you have a speed tier that provides download speeds up to 150 Mbps, Pods will not provide that speed throughout your home. Rather, the Pods will help you connect in areas where you could not previously connect to your in-home WiFi.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Hi mikeer

The WiFi speeds you can expect while connected to the BlueCurve Pods can vary depending on a couple different factors, including how they're set up in your home. Under laboratory settings you can expect to see between 50 to 70 Mbps. You can find more information about this on the BlueCurve Pods FAQ.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

mikeer
Grasshopper

That’s disappointing

Jump to solution

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

for extra 10 bucks a month.  that a rip off and hope you can return them. 

Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

The BlueCurve Pods are intended to help give customers better WiFi coverage, but they're not necessarily the best solution for every home. It's a good idea to have a conversation with our support team to see if they would be the right fit before adding them to your account. We have some more info on this in the BlueCurve Pods FAQ

How do I know if I would benefit from using Pods?

If you have rooms in your home with poor WiFi connectivity due to a weak or inconsistent WiFi signal, then BlueCurve Home Pods may be a good solution. Pods help extend the range of WiFi coverage in your home to hard-to-reach areas, or areas with poor WiFi signal. They are not intended to provide the maximum speed of your Internet speed tier throughout your home.

For example, if you have a speed tier that provides download speeds up to 150 Mbps, Pods will not provide that speed throughout your home. Rather, the Pods will help you connect in areas where you could not previously connect to your in-home WiFi.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

winterpeg
Grasshopper

I agree! Here in Manitoba, Bell/MTS gives you the same "Pods", which are supplied from Plume, for $5 a month, for 6 of those pods. 

They are for weak signal areas in your house!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help