Jump to solution

Channel Surfing/Guide Frustrations

blaine19
Grasshopper

Just had BlueSky installed and am having some frustration with the guide/channel surfing. I have set the default guide as Free to Me. Shouldn't this allow me to scroll through just the channels that I have access to? It appears to do this when there are one or two unsubscribed channels to skip. But whenever there are a large group of unsubscribed channels I am forced to plow through all the "Subscription Required" messages. If I then press the guide button, the guide resets back to channel 100. This happens every time I press the guide button while viewing a "Subscription Required" message. What's the problem here?

Also, one of my favorite features in the Gateway system was the ability to block channels from showing (subscribed or unsubscribed) from the channel list so that I could scroll straight through all the channels without seeing any that I had no interest in. For example, I would block all the kids channels as I had no interest in seeing them as I surfed. Can I do the same thing with BlueSky?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Channel Surfing/Guide Frustrations

shaw-tamara

Hi  

We're sorry to hear you're having some frustrations with the BlueSky TV Guide! To clarify, the Free To Me section just filters out the guide, but will not remove the channels if you're pressing up or down. Aside from using parental controls, it doesn't look like you can block out specific channels, but you can create a Favourites list and set your guide to only show Favourites. The same conditions would apply where it would only affect the guide and not the channel up/down feature.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jump to solution

Re: Channel Surfing/Guide Frustrations

shaw-tamara

Hi  

We're sorry to hear you're having some frustrations with the BlueSky TV Guide! To clarify, the Free To Me section just filters out the guide, but will not remove the channels if you're pressing up or down. Aside from using parental controls, it doesn't look like you can block out specific channels, but you can create a Favourites list and set your guide to only show Favourites. The same conditions would apply where it would only affect the guide and not the channel up/down feature.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

What would be the point of setting up a list of favorites...

drewloga
Grasshopper

What would be the point of setting up a list of favorites and then you cannot scroll through them without getting a bunch of channels that are not your favorites. Am I missing something here?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes, you are.  When you add channels to your favourites,...

rstra
Grand Master

@drewloga  Yes, you are.  When you add channels to your favourites, you can can use the favourites guide to scroll through those channels.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help