Does setting up your modem for Freedom Mobile subscribers slow down your internet?

Not applicable

I was reading some info here but I wanted to check. Additionally, I enabled it and I seen the SSID which never appeared before. Even though I disabled it, it still shows up. 

Which makes me wonder if once you enable it, despite what your Shaw profile may say (disabled) it actually is enabled and running. As I am not a Freedom Mobile subscriber, I can't do any troubleshooting.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Does setting up your modem for Freedom Mobile subscribers slow down your internet?

shaw-tamara

Hi  

Enabling the Shaw Hotspot for Freedom customers should not have any impact on your internet connection. You can find more information on Shaw Hotspot

If you're still seeing the network in your list of available networks, I'd recommend going into My Shaw to make sure it's been disabled there. You can also try power cycling the modem to ensure that it updates correctly once that change has been made.

0 Kudos

Re: Does setting up your modem for Freedom Mobile subscribers slow down your internet?

Not applicable

Your comment "somewhat" contradicts the information by Shaw support. The web portal doesn't necessarily show the information accurately. While only Shaw does. It's a pain to have to call. Online Chat is effectively useless. 

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

michael_carlione The web portal should reflect the same settings of what we see. Are you seeing a Hidden SSID or using a WiFi Analyzer to scan your WiFi networks? The Hidden SSID on the BlueCurve Gateway is used to connect to our wireless boxes and does not affect your connection/speeds.  If you are using an Analyzer, please post what you see. Thanks!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help