Packet Loss

Not applicable

I'm on Shaw 600 with a wired BlueCurve Gateway modem and am currently experiencing very constant packet losses while playing Path of Exile.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Re: Packet Loss

shaw-tony

Hey mattycakes,

Thank you for reaching out! That's certainly not the best experience . There may be several reasons why you are noticing this issue such as poor signal from the coax wall outlet to the modem or a settings issue with your set up.

If you haven't done so already, unplug the power to the modem, reseat the coax cable connection by unplugging the coax cable from the wall outlet and your modem for one minute. Reconnect the coax cable, and power the modem back on.

With your current set up, is it a direct ethernet connection to the modem from your PC or is there a router in between? Do you have any special settings like a VPN, etc?

Keep me posted,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I've tried re-seating the coax as well as restarting the router. My packet loss seems to be increased today as I'm losing about 25-28% on the same network.

I don't have any sort of router or VPN software that I'm using.

0 Kudos

sclowater
Grasshopper

I'm pretty sure that node showing high packet loss is not actually a concern since everything downstream of that is much lower.  When running a ping test, some nodes may show up to 100% loss as they will ignore/drop ping requests but if your downstream is clean then it shouldn't be an issue.

Are you actually noticing something in game on a routine basis or did you just happen to run a winMTR session and see the 15+ and determine that's really bad?  It looks like you've dropped a total of 1 actual packet all the way up the chain.

i.e do a winmtr to www.google.com and you should see a node that doesn't respond at all and shows 100% loss.

Does it only happen at certain times like 4am like this p...

cg_user
Grasshopper
0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help