Jump to solution

Heads up on the two year Disney+ offer

minijunkie
Grasshopper

When I was on the phone setting up my 2 year value plan renewal, the agent was telling me that if I had an existing Disney+ account, I could "pause" that and use the Shaw promotion. Effectively adding two years to my subscription. Part of why I decided to go with the plan was due to the monthly savings it would give on my disney+ sub.

But - this doesn't seem to case. It says I already have a Disney+ account (which I do). And on the Disney+ support site, it basically says this type of promotion won't work for people who already have a subscription (I have prepaid my D+ for 1 year).

This is mostly a post to let people (and Shaw?) know about how this does and does not work. I feel a bit misled, but presumably the call agent simply didn't know better. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Interesting I had 2 days left on my annual Disney plus ac...

techfan
Grasshopper

Interesting I had 2 days left on my annual Disney plus account. I activated the 24 month Disney plus deal I got from Shaw with my same Disney plus account and it basically paused my current account and shows as subscription billed through Shaw. Did you happen to purchase your annual Disney plus plan through Apple or google or another third party? Pretty sure then you cannot add on the Shaw deal. Here is the faq from Shaw website.

• Am I eligible for an offer from Shaw if I already have a Disney+ subscription?
    • Yes. If you have an existing Disney+ subscription directly with Disney, you can easily activate your Shaw promotional subscription using the same Disney+ account and your existing Disney+ subscription will be paused automatically. You must take these steps to activate to ensure that your pre-existing Disney+ account is linked and that billing for your pre-existing Disney+ subscription is paused.
    • If you have an existing Disney+ subscription billed via a third party (i.e. Apple, Google, etc), you must manage that subscription with that third party in order to avoid duplicate subscriptions and fees.
    • You can also sign into Disney+ on Shaw TV or Shaw Stream using your existing Disney+ subscription without signing up for a promotion through Shaw.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jump to solution

Ya it is for new Disney customers. I guess you could have...

rstra
Grand Master

Ya it is for new Disney customers. I guess you could have used a different email address.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Main thing I'm not thrilled about is the Shaw rep sold it...

minijunkie
Grasshopper

Main thing I'm not thrilled about is the Shaw rep sold it to me differently (said it would pause my existing subscription and add onto it). 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Interesting I had 2 days left on my annual Disney plus ac...

techfan
Grasshopper

Interesting I had 2 days left on my annual Disney plus account. I activated the 24 month Disney plus deal I got from Shaw with my same Disney plus account and it basically paused my current account and shows as subscription billed through Shaw. Did you happen to purchase your annual Disney plus plan through Apple or google or another third party? Pretty sure then you cannot add on the Shaw deal. Here is the faq from Shaw website.

• Am I eligible for an offer from Shaw if I already have a Disney+ subscription?
    • Yes. If you have an existing Disney+ subscription directly with Disney, you can easily activate your Shaw promotional subscription using the same Disney+ account and your existing Disney+ subscription will be paused automatically. You must take these steps to activate to ensure that your pre-existing Disney+ account is linked and that billing for your pre-existing Disney+ subscription is paused.
    • If you have an existing Disney+ subscription billed via a third party (i.e. Apple, Google, etc), you must manage that subscription with that third party in order to avoid duplicate subscriptions and fees.
    • You can also sign into Disney+ on Shaw TV or Shaw Stream using your existing Disney+ subscription without signing up for a promotion through Shaw.
Jump to solution

Hm - it was through Apple now that you mention it. I'll l...

minijunkie
Grasshopper

Hm - it was through Apple now that you mention it. I'll look into that. Thanks!

0 Kudos