I haven't seen the building management yet, I don't like...

wynford
Grasshopper

I haven't seen the building management yet, I don't like bothering people when it's not building related, who knows what they're doing... but I will let you know when I know something.

0 Kudos

So you're on Shaw and Rogers and yet you say you're compl...

wynford
Grasshopper

@rickatk wrote:

Shaw phoned me the other day, offered to reduce my bill in exchange for a new two year contract. I of course took the deal. Rogers called me the other day with a special phone deal, including way more data for Shaw customers. I called Telus they couldn’t match so I took the Rogers deal. This despite my phone ringing off the hook, Telus calling to renew my cel phone etc.

I am completely ported over to Rogers with new accounts and considerable savings. All pretty seamless. Guess the sky isn’t falling.

So you're on Shaw and Rogers and yet you say you're completely ported over to Rogers? Now I'm confused!!!

0 Kudos

According building management, the Rogers rep was suppose...

wynford
Grasshopper

According building management, the Rogers rep was supposed to have been here, today,  around 3PM Winnipeg time... it's now going on 6PM and he, she or they never showed up. Even management is p*ssed... is this how Rogers is going to get Shaw and other customers to sign up? I had a feeling something wasn't right.

0 Kudos

Try giving the number a call to see what’s up.

rstra
Grand Master

@wynford  Try giving the number a call to see what’s up.

0 Kudos

I'm not going to waste my time... it should be up to buil...

wynford
Grasshopper

@rstra wrote:

@wynford  Try giving the number a call to see what’s up.

I'm not going to waste my time... it should be up to building management to see what's up

0 Kudos

-- is it worth it to you to invest your time, if the resu...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- is it worth it to you to invest your time, if the result is lower monthly-fees. 

I think that "Building Management" is too busy doing whatever they do than to liaise on your behalf for lower fees.

I agree with @rstra -- pick up your telephone and call Shaw.

0 Kudos

Rick, I was using the old cable tv system until the inter...

MichaelLong
Grasshopper

Rick, I was using the old cable tv system until the internet tv phone call the same as you experienced. I've been on the Curve (now called Ignite) for about 1.5 yrs. In the past 6 months it has deteriorated badly. Much how you addressed another viewer's complaint with old cable boxes. Random channels, random time of day, sometimes pixelating, sometimes a freeze in video sometimes includes audio, sometimes goes to black screen and locks out. Doing a Restart will help temporarily and same with a full System Refresh. Shaw/Rogers takes 1.5 hrs to answer the phone support line. Sometimes the English is very limited.

I was told to throw out my four old PVR's when they installed the modem boxes. I didn't throw them out because they offered to reinstall the PVR's if I was unhappy with the Curve/Ignite setup. I threw the PVR's in a garbage bag and tossed them in the corner in the garage. Last month I got a bill for $600 to pay for the PVR's. After the standard 1.5 hour wait time with Support, they explained two PVR's need to be returned. The guy reluctantly looked up the two serial numbers and instructed me to drop off at Canada Post. I asked if I should box them. Shaw/Roger guy said no, Canada Post will do that. I asked again are you sure they are getting paid to box them up. He said yes, it is built into the  postage on the shipping label they provided. Not true. Take a box with you when the day comes that a charge for $300 per PVR is on your Shaw/Rogers bill.

Thinking of switching to Telus Optik TV. Anyone know much about them. Been with Shaw for 25 years.

0 Kudos

wrote: Random channels, random time of day, sometimes pix...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MichaelLong wrote: Random channels, random time of day, sometimes pixelating, sometimes a freeze in video sometimes includes audio, sometimes goes to black screen and locks out. 

Those symptoms imply that you need to get a "site-visit" from a Rogers-with-Shaw cable-technician to investigate.  Probably, it is a "signal-strength" issue.

While waiting for the technician, be sure that the coaxial-cable between the Rogers box and your wall-outlet is very tightly-connected at both ends.  Also, try a different cable.  Also, if you have multiple wall-outlets, try connecting the Rogers box (and your TV) to that outlet, to see if that improves anything.

I was told to throw out my four old PVR's when they installed the modem boxes.

I asked if I should box them. Shaw/Roger guy said no, Canada Post will do that.

It is unfortunate that the Agent gave you incorrect information.

At the Canada Post outlet, you may purchase an appropriately-sized box, and use the outlet's packing-tape to seal the box. Keep the receipt, showing a tracking-number, so that you can prove that you shipped the equipment, if needed. 

Keep using the My Shaw Portal to see the "credit" (reversal of the $600 charge) has been applied. When you see it, get Shaw to send your "credit" balance to you (cheque? e-Transfer? Credit-card refund?).

0 Kudos

You were lucky!

wildxcat
Grasshopper

You were lucky!

0 Kudos

The number works but what will happen if you connect is a...

wildxcat
Grasshopper

The number works but what will happen if you connect is anyone's guess.

0 Kudos