Rogers is raising my Gig Value Plan before it expires

winterpeg
Grasshopper

Just got my October bill and Shaw(now called Roogers) gave me notice that they are raising my Value Plan Gig Internet by $4 a month even though, I thought that the reason for the value plan was to freeze my rates for 24 months! Also, my TV plan, small is going up $3 a month.  I just moved both of my mobile phones to another carrier due to better rates, so I guess it's time look to move everything to another carrier. This so-called merger is not going well. Have a great day everyone and check your October bills, if you have GIg speed Internet.

2 Replies

, this statement is false.

g-idk
Master

@winterpeg , this statement is false. 

0 Kudos

-- please read the "fine print" in that notice. If you cu...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@winterpeg -- please read the "fine print" in that notice. If you currently have a two-year Value Plan, your monthly Internet cost will NOT change until your contract ends. Your TV and/or Home Phone services may not be frozen during the contract.

If you are on the "month-to-month" plan, your rate will increase.

I moved my Shaw Mobile phone service to Rogers Mobility, and the monthly fees for it are promised to be the same until April 3, 2028 -- almost 5 years. 

What rate did you have with Shaw Mobile?  Or, did you switched to Rogers Mobility, and did you get the same rate?

To which carrier have you moved, and what is the rate & the services that you are getting?

0 Kudos