Land Line Issue

Glenna1973
Grasshopper

My land line has no dial tone.  I bought a new phone system to see if it was my old phone that wasn't working but still no dial tone on new phone.   Any calls coming in go straight to my voice mail.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Hi  , have you tried rebooting the modem that your land l...

g-idk
Master

Hi @Glenna1973 , have you tried rebooting the modem that your land line phone is plugged into.  This has happened to me before and I unplugged the power to my modem that my phone was connected to, waited about 15 seconds, then plugged the power back in and let the modem do all its powering on and reconnecting, wait until all the correct lights are showing on the modem and then re-try your phone to see if you can get a dial tone.  This method has worked for me a couple of times.  Hope this can help you.  If it doesn't work maybe someone else can chime in with an idea. 

0 Kudos

-- in addition to the good advice from  --- your statemen...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Glenna1973 -- in addition to the good advice from @g-idk --- your statement  Any calls coming in go straight to my voice mail  might indicate that you have more than one handset, or maybe a FAX machine, or a computer (or printer) that has FAX capabilities.  So, before restarting your Shaw phone box, disconnect all those phones & computers & multi-function printers.  Maybe, unplug one at a time, checking for a dial-tone after each unplug, to see which one was unexpectedly "off-hook".

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help