Jump to solution

2 Year Contract when Moving

Not applicable

If we move in a new place at Vancouver from Kamloops,BC , our 2 year contract will still continue ? ,or be terminated and have to pay cancellation fees ?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: 2 Year Contract when Moving

shaw-tony

Hey takaya,

As long as the address you are moving into is serviceable by us, the 2-year Value Plan will continue. If you do move outside of the serviceable area, then an early cancellation fee will apply.

Hope that helps,

Tony | Community Mod.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jump to solution

Re: 2 Year Contract when Moving

shaw-tony

Hey takaya,

As long as the address you are moving into is serviceable by us, the 2-year Value Plan will continue. If you do move outside of the serviceable area, then an early cancellation fee will apply.

Hope that helps,

Tony | Community Mod.

Jump to solution

Early Cancellation

macdose9
Grasshopper

I'd like to share my story:

I recently moved from Sherwood Park to Beaumont. The new neighborhood we are in does not have Cable services so I signed up for Shaw Direct. Shaw Direct came today and are unable to get a signal due to the neighbors house blocking it. I have a 460.00 early cancellation fee on my account, explained this situation to your billing department and they are unwilling to waive this fee even though I have exhausted all options to remain a Shaw customer, which I have been a loyal customer of for my entire adult life. Surely there is someone at Shaw who can see how unfair this is and not hold firm on squeezing this last 460.00 out of me when I have tried everything I can to remain your customer.

Jump to solution

I am in the same boat as you.  They don't have coverage t...

boomshow
Grasshopper

I am in the same boat as you.  They don't have coverage to where I am moving to.  What a horrible company policy.  

Jump to solution

This is a "user-to-user" discussion forum, not a direct p...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

This is a "user-to-user" discussion forum, not a direct path to Shaw services.

Is it really impossible for the Shaw Direct installer to find a location for the satellite dish that is not obscured by neighbouring buildings?  Many many years ago, houses had TV antennas mounted on the roof, to receive over-the-air broadcasts. Shaw (and Rogers) would physically remove those antennas, when you signed-up for "cable-vision" TV.

A previous neighbour of mine was a "ham-radio" hobbyist -- he constructed his own antenna, in his back yard, for his hobby. The top of the antenna was much higher than the top of his TV-antenna.

I recommend that you contact Shaw, and see if they will switch you from Shaw Cable to Shaw Direct.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

> I signed up for Shaw Direct. Shaw Direct came today and...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I signed up for Shaw Direct. Shaw Direct came today and are unable to get a signal due to the neighbors house blocking it.

> I have a 460.00 early cancellation fee.

Under consumer law in some provinces, you have TEN days to cancel, without penalty, such a contract.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It is unfair to charge customers if the new address is no...

Bper120
Grasshopper

It is unfair to charge customers if the new address is not serviced by Shaw. Unethical practices

TALK TO US
We're here to help