Affordable internet for low-income seniors program

Anthonywc
Grasshopper

To apply for seniors discount under captioned program, Telus has a form on line for qualify seniors to complete. It is simple and easy.  Many have successfully completed the application.

Does Shaw also has this form?

I live chatted with an agent, the lady had no idea.

Labels (1)
11 Replies

Eligible seniors will receive a letter from the governmen...

rstra
Grand Master

Eligible seniors will receive a letter from the government with a link to a portal to sign up.

https://www.canada.ca/en/innovation-science-economic-development/news/2022/04/government-of-canada-a...

-- please read another thread, for detailed responses:  S...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Anthonywc -- please read another thread, for detailed responses:  Solved: Low internet price for low income seniors - Shaw Support

0 Kudos

I don't remember getting a sign up link from the governme...

Melanie2023
Grasshopper

I don't remember getting a sign up link from the government and I definitely qualify as a low income senior on GIS. I may have forgotten though. But I don't want to sign up for it until I know what the details are. There is nowhere on the Shaw website that says the details re how much data you get and speed. Is it unlimited? Can you use wifi with it? I have a laptop so I have to have wifi because it can't be hardwired to the cable cord. 

0 Kudos

Look at the link in my other post, the government mandate...

rstra
Grand Master

@Melanie2023 

Look at the link in my other post, the government mandated the speeds etc., but your biggest challenge will be getting the govt to give you access to the portal. 

IS the portal for wifi? Is that what you mean? Even if th...

Melanie2023
Grasshopper

IS the portal for wifi? Is that what you mean? Even if they don't why can't I pay for that separately? I mean couldn't that be an add on? I can't hardwire my laptop. There's no plug in for that kind of cord

0 Kudos

At $20 a month plus paying extra for the ability to have...

Melanie2023
Grasshopper

At $20 a month plus paying extra for the ability to have wifi it should still be cheaper than what I'm paying now

0 Kudos

Also what happens when you reach 200G a month? Do you los...

Melanie2023
Grasshopper

Also what happens when you reach 200G a month? Do you lose the internet completely? I have gone over that several times. It's easy to do if you stream a lot. And what can do if the government doesn't send you this invitation for it? I checked my papers and I don't see an invitation. How do you reach them to request one? 

0 Kudos

It is all in the link I provided.  Individuals will nee...

rstra
Grand Master

@Melanie2023 

It is all in the link I provided. 

Individuals will need their access code to participate in the initiative. Individuals are encouraged to take a photo of the letter and keep it and the code in a safe place. If an individual has lost their letter or code, they should contact Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s Contact Centre at 1-800-328-6189.

Great P.R. for Shaw to say they offer a discounted plan f...

Me481
Grasshopper

Great P.R. for Shaw to say they offer a discounted plan for seniors, but you have to be destitute to get in on the program.. IF you can find it.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help