Blue Curve Modem - 5ghz is disabled. Check with Administrator

vincej
Grasshopper

I just had an agent un-bridged my modem, however, I only have 2.4 GHZ available and I can not get into my 5ghz. It is greyed out. Why??? 

Secondly since unbridgng I am only getting 35mbs ... when I should be getting 300mbs .... why ?? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Have you tried resetting the modem? If it is BlueCurve:...

rstra
Grand Master

Have you tried resetting the modem?

If it is BlueCurve:

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/bluecurve-gateway-guide/ta-p/5114#reset

0 Kudos

thanks for that. I spent 45 mins with an agent who did ev...

vincej
Grasshopper

thanks for that. I spent 45 mins with an agent who did everything he could to fix my modem. He solved it in the end. 

--  I am only getting 35mbs ... when I should be getting...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@vincej --  I am only getting 35mbs ... when I should be getting 300mbs .... why ?? 

How are you connecting to the cable-modem? If by WiFi, then the WiFi network adapter inside your computer may be the "bottle-neck". If connecting via Ethernet cable, you should get 100 Mbps (if you are using a CAT-5 Ethernet cable) or 300 Mbps (if you are using a CAT-5e or CAT-6 Ethernet cable).

From a web-site:

Below is a breakdown of the various 802.11 WiFi standards and their corresponding maximum speeds.

Theoretical wireless speeds (combined upstream and downstream) are as follows:

802.11b - 11 Mbps (2.4GHz)
802.11a - 54 Mbps (5 GHz)
802.11g - 54 Mbps (2.4GHz)
802.11n - 600 Mbps (2.4GHz and 5 GHz) - 150Mbps typical for network adapters, 300Mbps, 450Mbps, and 600Mbps speeds when bonding channels with some routers
802.11ac - 1300+Mbps (5 GHz) - newer standard that uses wider channels, QAM and spatial streams for higher throughput.

---------------

I recommend that you contact Shaw Support if your speed, via Ethernet, is still "slow".

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help