BlueCurve Modem Not working

westwing77
Grasshopper

So my BlueCurve modem is not working I have to unplug it several times a day to get any internet for a short time until it disconnects again.  I have tried contacting support both by phone and by chat and they work on it for like an hour and it still does not work.  I want them to send me a new modem but they say a technician needs to come to my place.  I do not want a technician in my place with covid as I cannot get sick.  They refuse to send me a modem.  I pay close to $200 a month and have been with Shaw for years they want to rick my health and life or a modem.  What is the deal?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Ive been having the exact same issues with my modem(s) fo...

ZDB
Grasshopper

Ive been having the exact same issues with my modem(s) for about 3 weeks now and I’ve had three different techs at my house. They’ve replaced the modem twice now and after a day or two it goes back to the same. I even lose internet connectivity when I’m hard wired into the modem randomly. I was supposed to have a 4th tech come over today and he didn’t even show up. I work from home and I’m actually afraid that I’ll lose my job because of the extremely poor internet service Shaw is providing me. They know these things are defective and they don’t know how to fix them, I might go back to the older slower modem and get my own wireless router. Because Shaw is forcing me to. 

0 Kudos

So I tell the guy at Shaw support on the phone (I was pre...

westwing77
Grasshopper

So I tell the guy at Shaw support on the phone (I was pretty clear and angry about this issue) I do not want a technician coming to my home because of the pandemic/Covid, safety first.  The technician just called wanting to come over.  I said no.  Put the customer in an unsafe situation because they don’t want to send a new modem out.  What happened to contactless procedures for safety.  I guess I will just keep unplugging the modem every time until I get the internet again.  I will be considering my options on other providers but with the monopoly these companies have what can I do.  Just send out a new BlueCurve modem. 

0 Kudos

The technician would have checked everything on the outsi...

rstra
Grand Master

@westwing77 The technician would have checked everything on the outside and likely would have given you a modem. All without stepping in to your house.

TALK TO US
We're here to help