Been having trouble with my bluecurve the last couple wee...

firebane
Grasshopper

Been having trouble with my bluecurve the last couple weeks too.  I suspect it might have something to do with the firmware upgrade that fixed the delayed ethernet response which went live in February.  Since then I've had the occasional outage.  Not as frequent as yours but, the bluecurve has been a pain, if it's not one thing it's another.

0 Kudos

-- how can I get in touch with a higher tier tech support...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@andsoitgoes -- how can I get in touch with a higher tier tech support agent?

A properly-trained and properly-managed "help desk" should work with the philosophy of "if you cannot answer the client's question, open a ticket in the tracking system, and escalate the ticket to the shift-supervisor, who can call upon the senior technicians". So, be polite, and work with the "first-level" Shaw Agent until they reach the limits of their training, and ask the Agent if they can ask the shift supervisor for more assistance -- "honey versus vinegar".

> I am seriously concerned there’s some issue with the Ethernet port, but how could the hardware have failed?

I have had light bulbs, motherboards, printers, RAM, disk-drives, USB memory-sticks, and CD/DVD devices that have failed, for unknown reasons. Years ago, many D-Link routers had a software bug that only showed-up when the internal clock did not "roll-over" from 2012/12/31 to 2013/01/01.  As a result, any computers connect to the router would lose connectivity after 24 hours, unless you rebooted the computer every 24 hours.

Life happens.

> I was basically given no real choice other than swap the modem

Contact :Shaw again. They should have a record on your account of the technician's visit, and their comment that replacing the cable-modem was recommended, and they should order a replacement to be shipped (via Canada Post) to you.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help