Cochrane AB

Azimmer09
Grasshopper

Shaw internet seems to be consistently terrible in Cochrane, is anyone else having this issue?

Labels (1)
7 Replies

-- Shaw's Outages Page for Cochrane shows one outage toda...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Azimmer09 -- Shaw's Outages Page for Cochrane shows one outage today in/near Calgary, but nothing explicitly for Cochrane (AB).  

Contact Shaw: 1-888-472-2222 and see if they have any news. A Shaw Agent can remotely connect to your cable-modem, to view the modem's internal "status".  Maybe, power-off and power-on your modem, before calling Shaw, to see if that resolves your issue. 

Is it possible that your computer is doing a major "Windows Update" in the background that is keeping your computer quite busy, and slowing-down your foreground usage?

0 Kudos

Shaw internet is currently out for us. West Valley in Coc...

dsboyce
Grasshopper

Shaw internet is currently out for us. West Valley in Cochrane 

0 Kudos

Looks like you aren’t the only one. https://support.shaw....

rstra
Grand Master
0 Kudos

-- via Shaw Outages web-page for Southern Alberta, I see:...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dsboyce -- via Shaw Outages web-page for Southern Alberta, I see:

Affected Area: Cochrane (Between W McDougal Rd and W Kerfoot Pl)

Affected Services: Internet, Business Internet, Phone, Business Phone, Digital TV, VOD, Gateway, Ignite TV, WiFi Access Points

Reference Number: INC1424716

Summary: Some customers in the Between W McDougal Rd and W Kerfoot Pl area of Cochrane are experiencing an interruption to Internet, Television and Home Phone services. We are working to restore service as quickly as possible and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

To determine if an outage is affecting your services, check your account on the My Shaw website or the My Shaw App and look for an alert banner.”

-------------------

Interesting that they suggest that you go online to confirm that online access is not available.  Catch 22.

0 Kudos

Thanks tips.

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk  Thanks tips. 

Fix your **bleep**.  I’m trying to watch hockey which is one o...

Wademus
Grasshopper

Fix your **bleep**.  I’m trying to watch hockey which is one of the only reasons I still have cable.  Razors edge with you guys 

0 Kudos

-- if none of the older messages in this discussion threa...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Wademus -- if none of the older messages in this discussion thread are applicable, you have the option of cancelling your TV service (over $60/month ???), and signing-up with "SportsNet Plus", to watch many hockey games on your computer through your Internet service.

Physically, my guess is that Shaw has fiber-optic cables from Cochrane to Calgary, not to Edmonton. Edmonton is the major "hub" for their network both north of Edmonton (up to Yukon) and east towards Saskatoon. Calgary is the major "hub" for Southern Alberta.  So, both those hubs can be quite busy, and impact your service.

Or, you may have problems with the ends of coaxial-cable between your home and the nearest telephone-pole. give Shaw/Rogers support a call. They can remotely logon to their equipment in your home, and check the "signal-strength" reaching their equipment. Poor values will cause issues.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help