Upgraded to a Nov'19 version and no improvement in the do...

reillywood
Grasshopper

Upgraded to a Nov'19 version and no improvement in the download speed.  

Next up, will play around with the various settings.

So the culprit appears to be the DD-WRT software itself....

reillywood
Grasshopper

So the culprit appears to be the DD-WRT software itself.  I read a few posts on DD-WRT that said that this is a common problem mainly caused by the software NAT.  Lots of tinkering, upgrading to a later versions, and multiple resets and I couldn't get above 100down.  But when I switched back to stock TP-LINK software, I can get 300down on wifi.  

Having said that though, I now need to move the internal router back to it's former location and see how much the quality degrades.  

using dd-wrt direct through as well. 300Mbps plan but onl...

Calv25
Grasshopper

using dd-wrt direct through as well.

300Mbps plan but only get 50M down and 5M up, asked for help as call center discovered irregular signal on my cable, someone came and advise later, I have 4 port shared on my router, so when split into 4 it's about right with 200M+. I am speechless. Am considering moving to another carrier.

0 Kudos

That is not good. Try running a wired direct to the modem...

rstra
Grand Master

That is not good. Try running a wired direct to the modem and test again,

> 300Mbps plan but only get 50M down and 5M up, Do you me...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> 300Mbps plan but only get 50M down and 5M up,

Do you mean 50 megabytes per second, or 50 megabits per second?

I have the same plan, and my Hitron modem gives more than 300 mbps download, and more than 16 mbps upload.

> asked for help as call center discovered irregular signal on my cable, someone came and advise later,

Did they schedule a technician for a site-visit to their "demarcation box" on the outside of your house? From there, they can measure the signal-strength from that box to the telephone pole.

On this forum, another person reported that a technician found a cracked wire on that run to the telephone pole, and that a change in the wind-speed moved the wire, and caused intermittent problems.

> I have 4 port shared on my router, so when split into 4 it's about right with 200M+.

That is not how the "splitting" occurs -- it is not a "static" division, where each port gets 1/4. Rather, it is "dynamic", where one person doing a large download can use up to 100% of the total speed.

> Am considering moving to another carrier.

Remember that the COVID-19 pandemic is still present.  Nobody (Shaw, Telus, Bell) currently allow their technicians to enter a customer's home, to do the "last mile" of connecting.  So, it could be months before your new provider connects you.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help