Check back about 9 messages in this thread, where I poste...

Sabresoft
Grasshopper

Check back about 9 messages in this thread, where I posted a trace route. 

0 Kudos

-- Check back about 9 messages in this thread, where I po...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Sabresoft -- Check back about 9 messages in this thread, where I posted a trace route. 

I did. At the time, there seemed to be problem after the IP-packets entered UNISERVE's network.

But, today:

Tracing route to sabresoft.com [216.113.194.96]

11 ms  rc1bb-be20.vc.shawcable.net [66.163.75.245]
14 ms  rc1st-be25.vc.shawcable.net [66.163.69.198]
13 ms  as19662.vanix.ca [206.41.104.8]
11 ms  vl10.core2.vtc.uniserve.ca [216.113.192.216]
11 ms  host2.uniservehosting.com [216.113.194.96]

everything seems OK, namely Shaw to the Van(couver) packet I(nternet) e(X)change to Uniserve's "core" router to a Uniserve host.

Since your traceroute showed a problem "outside" of both Shaw's network and the VANIX exchange, there is nothing that Shaw can do about any temporary loss of connectivity within Uniserve's network.

0 Kudos

Problems...problems...problems and useless tech that only...

swan8
Grasshopper

Problems...problems...problems and useless tech that only made things worse by changing one of my passwords when I told the dim wit NOT TOO.  She did it anyway.  Now I can't access either of the 2-account through my iMac or webmail.  Unable to sign in at all.  Basically the shaw mail crashes every time I try to open my mac mail.  My iCloud works so it's not my computer.  In order for mac mail to open you have to disable shaw emails and only use your iCloud or you're done.  It's a shaw problem that they simply don't have the capacity or expertise to troubleshoot based on my experience.  Two days - 8 hours on the phone and zero solution.  Two tech later problem is worse.  Call them a third time and they waste more of your time or disconnect the call.  What a terrible company.  Why the hell has my bill increased by $30. when their mail service does not work for 3-weeks now.  It's time to file a complaint against this Shaw company to the Ontario Consumer Complaints, CRTC or find a Canadian Ombudsman to take this on our behalf. TERRIBLE SERVICE after dealing with this company for 30+ years.  Very disappointing.

0 Kudos

-- I can't access either of the 2-account through my iMac...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@swan8 -- I can't access either of the 2-account through my iMac or webmail. 

Through the My Shaw portal, you may change the password for your Shaw E-mail account.

If you cannot logon to that portal, you can create a new ID for that portal, and it will deactivate your current ID for that portal. Then, you may change the E-mail password.

Also, see Shaw's web-site: How to set up email in Apple macOS Mail for the correct configuration steps.

Anybody knows if there are similar problems with other se...

jchorell
Grasshopper

Anybody knows if there are similar problems with other services? Maybe it is time to migrate to Telus, or Bell?

0 Kudos

-- Anybody knows if there are similar problems with other...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jchorell -- Anybody knows if there are similar problems with other services?

How "similar" ?

Is any service-provider 100% perfect?

I have had issues with FORTIS, the dealer servicing my automobile, and with Shoppers Drug Mart, just to name a few.

> Maybe it is time to migrate to Telus, or Bell?

Or, stay with Shaw, but use GMail, or Yahoo Mail, or Hotmail.  Not using Shaw E-mail makes it easier to switch Internet Providers, every 2 years, to get "promotional" prices every time.

0 Kudos

My Shaw Mail ...had an account for nearly 20 years ..has...

PaulnKaren
Grasshopper

My Shaw Mail ...had an account for nearly 20 years ..has made itself 'inacitive'. Had problems around New Years, changed password, worked for few days and has been inactive/ USELESS  for 3 weeks?

It is not an issue if incorrect Password ....as attempted log in suggests.

The Password is in both the Mac's Keychain and in iPassword App. whether on desktop/iPhone and or iPad.

Am in process de linking accounts from my Shawmail addy and using iCloud instead.

0 Kudos

I see the issue by my 'so called' Shaw ID. Ever since 'su...

PaulnKaren
Grasshopper

I see the issue by my 'so called' Shaw ID.

Ever since 'supposedly ' updated Blue Curve TV system in early December 2020.

0 Kudos

--  has been inactive/ USELESS  for 3 weeks Can you succe...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@PaulnKaren --  has been inactive/ USELESS  for 3 weeks

Can you successfully you logon to Shaw WebMail ?

If so, does it show, near the bottom-left of the window, that you have used 100% of your 1 GB "quota" ?

If you "hover" the mouse-pointer over the name of any of the folders (on the left edge), do you see, in a few seconds, a pop-up stating something like "123 messages occupying 456 Mbytes" ? Then, hover over your "Sent" folder or your "Trash" folder, to see a similar pop-up.

Can you right-mouse-button click on the "Trash" folder, and choose "Empty this folder" ?

The fact you say this is not common is BS. This has been...

jazzdad
Grasshopper

The fact you say this is not common is BS. This has been an ongoing problem for years.  Shaw accepts no responsibility to fix this.  I myself have complained and got no satisfaction.  Now Im setting up a new Mac and still going through the same BS.  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help