Huawei tablet connection to XB7 - Shaw Fibre & gateway 2

PA14
Grasshopper

We upgraded our shaw to the xb7.  All our devices work (even my old Kobo Arc 7) except for the Huawei tablet. It worked for a week then stopped.  It shows connecting for a second, then says access denied.  Tried WPS to connect. Doesn't work.   I have taken the tablet to other places and have no problem connecting.  Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions.

Labels (1)
8 Replies

I got the same problem. My Huawei tablet stop connecting...

ouglun
Grasshopper

I got the same problem. My Huawei tablet stop connecting to wifi after few weeks. All my other devices had no problem, even my friends visiting from other country can connect with their phone from oversea. I even factory reset my Huawei tablet but still no luck.

0 Kudos

Forgot to mention that my Huawei can connect to other wif...

ouglun
Grasshopper

Forgot to mention that my Huawei can connect to other wifi but not my home shaw wifi 

0 Kudos

I just had the same problem with my Huawei. I upgraded on...

lylegord
Grasshopper

I just had the same problem with my Huawei. I upgraded on July 22 to the Shaw Bluecurve Fibre+ Gig & Total TV (with the new modem) and everything was working OK until yesterday when I tried to uploaded more emails (I am not on a data plan) and got the messages for my Wi-Fi  "Not connected". When I go to the icon for my network it says "Saved, encrypted" and the "Denied Access to network". All my other devices are connected and working fine. I did an online chat with one of Shaw's tech but he could not fix the problem. I am going out today to see if I can connect to a different network. Hopefully Shaw or someone else can come up with a solution.

0 Kudos

-- "Not connected" -- "Saved" -- "encrypted". That "saved...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@lylegord -- "Not connected" -- "Saved" -- "encrypted".

That "saved" means that your device is "remembering" the characteristics of the WiFi connection to your cable-modem.

That "encrypted" means that the most-recent time that there was an active connection, all the incoming/outgoing traffic was encrypted -- not preventing "packet-sniffers" from monitoring your traffic, but all that could be captured is not "encrypted" text.

To me, that "not connected" suggests that you should "delete" (or "forget") the connection from your device, and reconnect it.

>  Hopefully Shaw ... can come up with a solution

Note that this is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a path to Shaw Support. Contact them: 1-888-472-2222 for assistance, if the volunteer participants in this forum are not helpful.

0 Kudos

Just sent an hour or more on the phone with shaw tech sup...

lylegord
Grasshopper

Just sent an hour or more on the phone with shaw tech support trying to get this problem with my Hauwei phone which won't connect the my new modem (XB7) after it had been connected to it for a week. I can say they did try but to not luck, maybe if I get a tech to come out to the house and have him come and go through with admin id and password he/she may have better luck finding out why it Denies access. It connects to other Wi-Fi away from home. Maybe I will just have to buy a different brand of phone.

0 Kudos

The forget and reconnect doesn't work either.  I relative...

PA14
Grasshopper

The forget and reconnect doesn't work either.  I relative was upgraded to the XB6 and I was able to connect. Still not with the XB7.

0 Kudos

Same problem, Huawei tablet won't work with xb6 modem, bu...

newgin
Grasshopper

This problem is still unsolved after over a year?!

Same problem, Huawei tablet won't work with xb6 modem, but it worked with the old modem. The tablet is connected to the home wireless network, but web pages won't load, they time out.   

0 Kudos

I solved it! The problem was the date settings under Date...

newgin
Grasshopper

I solved it! The problem was the date settings under Date and Time. I hadn't used the tablet for many months, and it appeared the date and time reset to January 1970 which must have occurred after the modem switch. I corrected the date and time, and we're back in business!

TALK TO US
We're here to help